jonsered 2245 disappointment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chain jumped off in a cut. Witch it was tensioned right. After determing the chain was messed up I put a spare chain on and at the point the chain brake is no longer workjng. And yes tsc will sadly take anything back. I had a buddy buy boots, walk outside, put his old boots in the box and return them... thinking about getting another jonsered. The 70cc one with a 24 inch bat maybe

Heard this site used to have a "dislike" button? Your friend is a bag.

Ok. Toke the 2245 up and explained my issue and they toke it back no problem. Got the 2266. Got home went to start it. Nothing. After trying for a few pulled the plug. Soaked with fuel. No spark with the plug out. So disappointed I gave up. Toke it back. Vary politely told them I'd never buy another saw from there but I loved everything else I got there. Went to my stihl dealer who is also an echo dealer. Only echo he had on the shelf left was a 500p. Looked at the ms261 I always wanted then picked up the 500p. Loved it. Had him switch out the 20 inch bar for a 16 inch Oregon porlite bar. He started it and showed me how to start it. 400$ out the door I was pritty happy. Told him I'd never buy a saw from a box store again.20150727_200709.jpg

I got the 2245 to replace my 028 witch is dieing a slow death. And it dose cut circles around the 028. It was suppose to be a backup saw but I liked it so much I used it alot more then though I would.

I gusse I'm just not happy with the saw and wanna try an echo maybe.
How soon the shine wears off.

Well, at least the guy is happy. It's his $
That's the problem. He bought and returned two saws that were most likely the issue wasoperator error. One of them had been well used. Both of them should have gone to an authorized repair facility to be repaired or the operator trained.

Ok. Toke the 2245 up and explained my issue and they toke it back no problem. Got the 2266. Got home went to start it. Nothing. After trying for a few pulled the plug. Soaked with fuel. No spark with the plug out. So disappointed I gave up. Toke it back. Vary politely told them I'd never buy another saw from there but I loved everything else I got there. Went to my stihl dealer who is also an echo dealer. Only echo he had on the shelf left was a 500p. Looked at the ms261 I always wanted then picked up the 500p. Loved it. Had him switch out the 20 inch bar for a 16 inch Oregon porlite bar. He started it and showed me how to start it. 400$ out the door I was pritty happy. Told him I'd never buy a saw from a box store again.View attachment 438081

Look, let's be honest here. The problems weren't with the two Jonsered chainsaws, or TSC. You did something wrong with both of the chainsaws. I will say you were wise to buy from a full-service dealer, something tells me you're going to spending some time there. Not because the Echo is a bad saw, but because you will eventually do something wrong with it and need some guidance.

You paid $400.00 for the Echo CS-500P? I know that you wanted to leave with a chainsaw, and that's understandable, but IIRC the larger CS-590 normally sells for $400.00.

We need a poll...when the Echo floods, which saw is next? Husky? Dolmar?
Hey, could this be some BA action?

That's the problem. He bought and returned two saws that were most likely the issue wasoperator error. One of them had been well used. Both of them should have gone to an authorized repair facility to be repaired or the operator trained.

And the costs that TSC incurs go into the rate base all of us pay. Fanboy fits right in with his boot stealing buddy.

I'm actually a pritty good smell engine guy. Do all maintenance and repair on all the cut off saws at work. Half of witch are Chinese knock offs or old stihls half duck taped together. The two cutoff saws I have I rebuild with vary little help. If a saw has no spark out of the box how would that be operator error?

Oh for gods sake, please learn how to spell. I don't know what a witch has to do with which saw saw you choose. No wonder you couldn't get the 2266 to start.

Read stihlfanboy's posts carefully. Much of his writing is grammatically correct, such as punctuation and capitalization, which leads me to believe the misspellings and wrong words are done intentionally. Even if he's posting on a phone with auto-correct the number of wrong words wouldn't be that high. I think we're being played.

Damn shame as my 2245 is probably the saw that has surprised me the most. I would honestly sell one of my Dolmar 5105's or a 346XP before i sold this 2245. I can tell almost no difference between it and my kinda stock 346XPNE. Clutch setup is no different to any other outboard Husky i have ever used so I don't get what the OP meant. I have so many hours on mine now that it is not funny. Not a single thing has gone wrong or needed fixing. Shame we could not get this resolved and show the OP that this is a bloody decent saw. BTW $400 for a 500P is highway robbery, but then again it was a Stihl dealer. ;) My BNIB 590 timberwolf cost me less than that delivered to me here in Australia.

I have even cut Blackwood with my little 2245 many times. Blackwood is an Australian species that is a bloody tough wood to cut. Tougher than many Eucalyptus species. It is very heavy and weighs basically the same when dried for 2-3 years as it does when it is green. It can and will bend the leading edge of a chain if it is not filed at correct angles or if using a cheaper no name brand chain.

Should have been using a much bigger saw for this, 65-70cc. Was tired at the end of the day so i was still using the 2245 with 16" bar and full chisel for this 18-22" trunk. Ate it right up. Sure a bigger cc saw would have been faster cutting and not as hard working, but the 2245 did not bog or quit until every last piece was cut up. Don't push it too hard on the dogs and just let it cut. Very impressed with how it handled wood this size.

upload_2015-7-30_1-20-42.jpeg

Read stihlfanboy's posts carefully. Much of his writing is grammatically correct, such as punctuation and capitalization, which leads me to believe the misspellings and wrong words are done intentionally. Even if he's posting on a phone with auto-correct the number of wrong words wouldn't be that high. I think we're being played.

You may be correct. As painful as it will be, I'll try to comment in his vernacular:

Deer Steelphanbouy,

Eye guess its reely neet TSC leat u rheturn the saw. Chame u had sew miny problums, evan if et seams u kaused sum uf em. Win pryces go up, eye'll remeember u and u're budD.

Damn shame as my 2245 is probably the saw that has surprised me the most. I would honestly sell one of my Dolmar 5105's or a 346XP before i sold this 2245.

Just curious if you did sell that 2245 after all as the saw sitting there in the photo looks like a cs2252, which is also what you have listed in your sig.

Back