Just 12 days...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 9000 has been out of work for months, got enough loaded for years of trap, don't have a dull saw chain left around the place, and can't even get to the rest of my project saws in the back shed without a ton of snow removal.

Think I'll take up making moonshine or something...

I was thinking of you last night. Don't see how you can drive in that crazy weather... The wife came home around 4:15 PM, the road was blown shut so she took a room in town last night. My road is so bad, we had a guy come in with a huge blower and two days later is was blocked. I have a pile of log wood to to pull out and get them out of the way, this has been a crazy year. Seems like it stays to the south and then goes through your area... Bet you have a lot of snow.. ;-)

My 9000 has been out of work for months, got enough loaded for years of trap, don't have a dull saw chain left around the place, and can't even get to the rest of my project saws in the back shed without a ton of snow removal.

Think I'll take up making moonshine or something...

I've loaded enough ammunition this winter to keep the U.S.M.C. in business for 6 months...
I've wiped the guns down so many times the stock finish is getting thin...
Anything the fishing gear needed was completed before Christmas...
I do have 6 buckets of wheel weights that need "smelted" into ingots... but I already have 3 ton of lead alloy ready for bullet casting, and it's figgin' cold in the shed‼

I like winter just a little bit less each year... until this year, which has caused my attitude to nosedive off the cliff.

Have I mentioned that I really... really... really... really hate winter??

Oh... I heard something funny (stupid) yesterday (maybe it was the day before)...
Some "expert" on TV claimed we don't have any worries about flooding this year because... (now get this)... this year's snow is the kind that doesn't have any moisture in it :dizzy:
I kid you not, a (so-called) expert came up with that... I near shot the friggin' TV ‼

It's gotten so bad I quit sport drinking. Drinking out of boredom seemed reasonable at first, but this has gone on too long. Firm 2/nite limit now. If the weather doen't get better soon, I'm going to detail the mini blinds.

Seems that they don't. I was at an apartment complex that had a 15' h X 40 X 40 pile and not one kid was near it. That would have been my winter playground as a kid.

It's gotten so bad I quit sport drinking. Drinking out of boredom seemed reasonable at first, but this has gone on too long. Firm 2/nite limit now. If the weather doen't get better soon, I'm going to detail the mini blinds.
Same here. Two boxes a night still seems like a lot sometimes though. :D

Here in NORTH Alabama the Butter Cups are blooming.
Seen a few Butterflyes and Honey Bees.
Hay, The birds are starting to sing.:)

David

Its all cabin fever, and as the troops say, further north, us more southern northerners are a bit soft.. Kinda like the folks in Dallas Ft Worth area putting on down filled parkas at 40deg. F

Weatherguesser reports a "mini-warmup" next week, might stay above 0 for a day or two. BUT - next weekend will be back to the same again. (I miss that bang head smiley)

Ice fishing for game fish closes tomorrow, I ain't putting the auger up yet though, probably gonna need it for "Spring" opener May 3rd...

Game fish season in WI is open until the first Sunday in March we got 2 more days yet. Plus I heard the DNR is letting ice shacks stay out past March 16 if you notify in advance, they under stand conditions are almost impossible to get shacks off the lakes now.

Game fish season in WI is open until the first Sunday in March we got 2 more days yet. Plus I heard the DNR is letting ice shacks stay out past March 16 if you notify in advance, they under stand conditions are almost impossible to get shacks off the lakes now.

I didn't check the rule book, I assumed it was the normal Feb 28th. I remember now that it ended in March last year - I guess a little tweak to the rules to get one more weekend on the fishing calendar. Our shack is coming off this weekend, shouldn't be too bad as we've kept a road plowed to it all year.

Back