Just finished a BIG project.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Thanks, Irish.......I'll keep the pics coming:cheers:

What's up with the staggered blocks in that Gable wall? Never seen it stepped like that, but different areas do different things. . . Up here, it's required on sheeting seams--what does stepping it accomplish?

Man I envy you guys that do residential work, We would have our asses nailed to the wall is we were caught up in the air with out fall protection. Beautiful work on the home!:clap::cheers:

Land o' no codes up here,dusty......you're fired before you hit the ground.

We did rope up on the roof(12/12 and 14/12 pitches)....spent alot of time in the harness.

What's up with the staggered blocks in that Gable wall? Never seen it stepped like that, but different areas do different things. . . Up here, it's required on sheeting seams--what does stepping it accomplish?

Just hitting them midspan there Metals,we used clips on the sheathing,then board + bat.

Land o' no codes up here,dusty......you're fired before you hit the ground.

We did rope up on the roof(12/12 and 14/12 pitches)....spent alot of time in the harness.

Just hitting them midspan there Metals,we used clips on the sheathing,then board + bat.

Ahhh, gotcha. . . It looks good that's for sure. It's a shame to cover up good looking framing. :cheers:

Absolutely beautiful! :cheers:

Thanks,PITA:cheers:

WOW! Nice house and real nice work!

WOW Burgermeister,thanks....means alot.

Spotted the link in your sig, nice looking home! :)

I am in the middle of trying to build one myself, but cutting all the dovetails myself. I posted a thread over in Homeowner, at this link.

Is this a True North log home?

Thanks,T.T. .I'll be sure to check out your thread.It is not a true north log home.....it is from another company that does sloppy work, does not stand behind their quality,and shall remain nameless for several reasons,foremost being I will not advertise for them and will NOT be doing business with them in the future......sore subject there my friend.

Nice place!

Thanks Aggie....means alot from a member of your standing......seen the stuff you do:cheers:

Absolutely gorgeous home! :cheers:

Did you build it on spec or contract?

It was done custom,under contract,and by some miracle kept it under 85$ a square foot.:clap:

Nice Job!

A guy at work bought a big log cabin kit, got it put together and was about 2 weeks out from moving in when lightning struck it and burned it to the ground. He said he wasn't all that disappointed about it. He learned a lot putting it up the first time and it would be a better build the second time around.

Ian

Nice Job!

A guy at work bought a big log cabin kit, got it put together and was about 2 weeks out from moving in when lightning struck it and burned it to the ground. He said he wasn't all that disappointed about it. He learned a lot putting it up the first time and it would be a better build the second time around.

Ian

OUCH!

Great attitude though.:cheers: to him.

Thanks,T.T. .I'll be sure to check out your thread.It is not a true north log home.....it is from another company that does sloppy work, does not stand behind their quality,and shall remain nameless for several reasons,foremost being I will not advertise for them and will NOT be doing business with them in the future......sore subject there my friend.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but it is not issolated in the log home industry unfortunately. It looks like a solid home, so even if you need to caulk it some, it's not the end of the world, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Your much farther than I am, but mine is a similar but different style. I have nobody to blame other than myself if the timber doesn't fit, only me, myself and I...I'll be working on mine for the rest of my life, either finishing the build or building furniture for the inside of it.

Nice job!!! Those are the exact logs i am planning on using for my next house, if i can ever sell the house i built that we are in right now.

It may be awhile around these parts.

I hope i haven't been looking into the same company you used for your timbers if they are that sloppy.

Freehand:

I read these, and couldn't quite figure out if it was for a customer, friend, or yourself?

Great job, anyway! $ 85 sounds fishy cheap ( was that the complete cost, or ??)

Freehand:

I read these, and couldn't quite figure out if it was for a customer, friend, or yourself?

Great job, anyway! $ 85 sounds fishy cheap ( was that the complete cost, or ??)

Customer and friend.......I don't have the cash for something like this,I'm afraid.Just another paying job.

And yes,85$ a foot is the final number with trim,cabinets,hardwood floors.

The full finished basement is the part we saved some money on...comparatively inexpensive to build.

How far from home was it? (year and a half times trips = lots of time too..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back