Just finished a BIG project.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parked a travel trailer on it the first week we started.Worked 4-10 hour days although my weeks after purchase and change orders would be more like 60+ hours.Four days and three nights on site and then I'd go home....Monday would come back around way too quick most weeks lol.

I had three other guys working under me that were all local boys....although one of them had a hour and a half commute one way,he was a real trooper.

Been over there a few times in the last couple of months doing their dry stacked retaining walls with native stone,about 200 sq. ft. of it so far,I'll try to get some pics next time I'm over there.Thanks for your interest.:popcorn:

attachment.php

More pics to come...........

Stairs made entirely of 4x12's,mitre stringer to riser.

attachment.php

That trick reminds me of a job I didn't get due to timing. My friend did it and boy did he whine. It was a set of bookcases set on an angle down a hall, such that you could see a lot of face etc. (zig zag? or similar to a lightning bolt.. hard to describe.) Anyway they were over 45 degrees from the wall, any way the angle on the miters was something like 55 degrees, tough to do. Sounded easy on the plans.......

According to the pic I can see, the lower left panels seem to be a panel door protruding about 3/8 over the stiles and rails. 'Course this computer was made in Japan.

I leave em' proud,the big door companies have to keep them flush for the wide belt sanding machines.....I do mine by hand so I don't have to plane down my panel stock to .625.....and I like the look.

I agree, and in keeping with always stepping up the look.

Nice to see this thread come up again. I have enjoyed watching your build freehandslabber. :cheers:

I hope to be starting my custom home next summer if I can get all my paper work in order :dizzy:

I have been collecting wood for custom finishing for 2 years now it should be good and dry when I need it.

I had a customer who asked me to conceal 340 silver bars in a cabinet job. Not hard to hide until you do the math on the weight!

On uppers, the WALL wouldn't hold that kind of weight. Fairly compact though.

I built a king size bed that held 21 rifles or shotguns without a lock, and the customer knew it held them, and couldn't find them or how to access them. The good old days. Haven't done similar lately.

Latest posts

Back