land clearing with husqvarna 365sp & 440xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some new pics,we've been busy here,some nice large ASH trees,pics don't do the size any justice,some of these were extremly tall,we had some real work with the branches and foliage on the top of the trees,some real clearing to do,that was the worst part of the job,i will just let the pics do the talking....

NEWPICSmadds006.jpg

NEWPICSmadds007.jpg

NEWPICSmadds008.jpg

NEWPICSmadds009.jpg

NEWPICSmadds010.jpg

NEWPICSmadds011.jpg

NEWPICSmadds012.jpg

NEWPICSmadds043.jpg

NEWPICSmadds044.jpg

NEWPICSmadds045.jpg

NEWPICSmadds047.jpg

NEWPICSmadds048.jpg

getting there now to some nice large ASH trees,the butts of some of these are very wide,very tall too.

NEWPICSmadds048.jpg

NEWPICSmadds049.jpg

NEWPICSmadds050.jpg

ohh well all my firewood i had stocked up till now is sold,everything since i started this thread is SOLD,gone.... maybe almost 100traliers since january.maybe more,maybe less ;)

this is the first of a new batch of ASH loads back home yesterday,the start of a another autums work,now to get stocked up for winter ahead with hardwoods and softwoods.

NEWPICSmadds067.jpg

ohh well all my firewood i had stocked up till now is sold,everything since i started this thread is SOLD,gone.... maybe almost 100traliers since january.maybe more,maybe less ;)

this is the first of a new batch of ASH loads back home yesterday,the start of a another autums work,now to get stocked up for winter ahead with hardwoods and softwoods.

NEWPICSmadds067.jpg

Well done, thank you for the continuing updates and great pictures.:msp_thumbup: Sounds like you are very busy, hope it continues that way for you.

Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

Thank you Very MUCH from Ohio! I'm also a fellow 365sp owner. It was professionally used for 4 years, then 12 cord a year for about 8 years before its first problem...the little plastic worm gear in the oiler wore out. Funny, I posted pictures of my 365sp with a 24" bar when i joined AS and basically got laughed at, that a 24" bar was too much bar for a "measly 65cc saw" I"m glad someone else finally gets that many years later!!! Hundreds, if not thousands of gallons thru mine and lots of money made with my saw. I'll try to dig up a couple pictures of it with some big ash trees. thank you again for posting all the pics of your homeland.

oh btw, alot of the videos I couldn't view as it said "private". I read this whole thread from start to finish in one sitting! I commend ya for the efforts!

Steve
aka Freak!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the only quick pics I could find of my 365 special. I want to say it is a 99 or 2000 model. I dropped this tree with a 24" bar but only use a 20" bar for normal cutting duties. I can't remember what kind of try this was, I'm thinking off of memory it was either red ash or elm. I used the base chuck for splitting and bucking up some of my firewood.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the only quick pics I could find of my 365 special. I want to say it is a 99 or 2000 model. I dropped this tree with a 24" bar but only use a 20" bar for normal cutting duties. I can't remember what kind of try this was, I'm thinking off of memory it was either red ash or elm. I used the base chuck for splitting and bucking up some of my firewood.

I like that muffler mod.:rock:

thanks NH LOCAL for the kind words.

Freakingstang

great saw you got there,good to hear it has served ya well too for all this time.i too like the miffler mod and the falling spikes you have.

i find the 365sp and 440 xtorque a great match for large trees,i usually start off felling it with 365 and limb with 440.so far neither of the saws have given any bother whatso ever which is impressive,the hardest work the 440 had to do was clearing bushes in along the road way,it was severe on it,nevertheless it didn't knock a stir out of it..... ;)

i think the 365sp pulls the 24" with authority,no problems here and i have had it in very large trees.....ash and cedar,whitethorn etc

going back to work later now for more wood,need to cut up all the trees marked out at the moment and bring them back first,then we will arrange another batch to cut.
lovely day here today :rock:

11-09-2012

wow,ok where to start with all these new pics,been super busy...weather has been kind so we got a lot of work done,
not much stocked up this month cause the ASH is in high demand,it's all sold before it's cut.
it's all ash i'm cutting now.

newpics2012001.jpg

newpics2012002.jpg

newpics2012004.jpg

newpics2012005.jpg

newpics2012006.jpg

newpics2012007.jpg

newpics2012009.jpg

fantastic ASH trees,make no mistake they arn't small the pics do them no justice,some pics to follow of some larger ones
:)

newpics2012010.jpg

newpics2012011.jpg

newpics2012012.jpg

newpics2012013.jpg

newpics2012014.jpg

newpics2012016.jpg

newpics2012017.jpg

ASH firewood fit for a king,so many great qualities i find

- clean
- easy on saws,clean to work with
- easy to split
- best lasting
- great intense heat
- less limbing
- fantastic looking

i could go on......:)

this here is a typical load for sale,a 9x5 tralier which contains 3cubic meters of ASH,a nice small load which most households want this time of year,price -250euros!

newpics2012018.jpg

newpics2012019.jpg

ready for delivery

newpics2012020.jpg

newpics2012021.jpg

there is a lot of firewood in that load.

and another load to be prepared and cut & split.

newpics2012022.jpg

newpics2012023.jpg

newpics2012024.jpg

Last edited:
and this cycle continues daly,to the woods,cut some trees,limb,cut load up,to the cutting yard at home and stock up and if not too busy cut some and prepare/split.

a work cycle i love :)

newpics2012025.jpg

newpics2012026.jpg

newpics2012027.jpg

newpics2012028.jpg

newpics2012029.jpg

newpics2012030.jpg

both machines in action here,365sp & 440 xtorque
,moving on to some large trees now.

NEWPARTSTT021.jpg

Latest posts

Back