large saw wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dan
With its 106cc, the 070 comes close to your target engine size.
Don't count that baby out, nor the 090G (same displacement, but geared
down).

[More trivial for Travis to soak up.] :dizzy:

Phil L.

The 090 G is better suited for occaisional work nowadays as the .404 spurs are rather hard to comeby, and the 1/2" chain is really expensive, but spurs for it are common.
an 070, is a great saw, well designed, and user friendly from what I've heard, and I plan on getting one someday.

Naw I going to get the 084 Klickitatsacket has for sale that is the best deal I have3 found so far. The prices on ebay have gone up of course when i dont have any money I could get an 088 for $500.00 when I have money they go for $720.00. Isn't that the way life works.

They're Twins,... And Such Big Boys!

Thanks to E-bay I can now do chain-saw milling with each hand... :blob2:

an 090 on a 36" Alaskan mill to the left (which I have had a couple of years)
an 090 on a 36" Alaskan mill to the right (which I got today on E-bay)​

Now, if someone can help me find a top notch 60" double-ender to fit
these two Stihl 090s I can really kick up some chips when I want to!

Got one, anybody? :Eye: I'll be watching out.

Phil L.

fencerowphil said:
Thanks to E-bay I can now do chain-saw milling with each hand... :blob2:

an 090 on a 36" Alaskan mill to the left (which I have had a couple of years)
an 090 on a 36" Alaskan mill to the right (which I got today on E-bay)​

Now, if someone can help me find a top notch 60" double-ender to fit
these two Stihl 090s I can really kick up some chips when I want to!

Got one, anybody? :Eye: I'll be watching out.

Phil L.

That looks like a real nice late model 090. 090's show up on ebay weekly but the late model ones are tougher to find. Nice purchase ;)

Bill

Thanks for the info, Dean.

Hey DAn,

You see that there IS a conspiracy out there, don't you?
When people HAVE THE MONEY, the prices go up.
(But how does that explain gas prices?)

Phil L.

It went up here 10 cents a gallon I drove by 7 eleven at 8 in the morning it wa $2.40 I was like it went up from yesterday at 10 I drove by again it was 2.46 I drove by at 5 and it was 2.49. This is crazy it was 2.17 three days ago by tomorrow it will be 2.60. I might have to break down and get an electric chainsaw.

The only problem with that is diesel is staying head to head here with regular and at most stations it is more then regualr. I was going to by a diesel f250 but the extra price to get a nice used one and the price of diesel I would be better off with a gasser.

Within the next few months it will cost me $.60 a gallon above 50° and $1.55 a gallon below 50° to run my cummins... :)

I'm thinking TDI, not truck size diesel. either that, or I'll build my own truck to run on used cookin oil.

GO diesel. Pair of 92 Jetta's for every day back and forth to work, 88 crew cab 3/4 ton GMC repowered with a 354 Perkins/New Process 5 speed from a 1966 dodge D600.

46, 50, and 30 mpg each. Only way to fly! Truck drops to about 19/20 pulling a 31 foot gooseneck horse trailer.

Latest posts

Back