Latest Saw Mod Husky 55 Transfer pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I fired it up yesterday has 180lbs compression cold never run. RPMs are a little low 13600 not exactly as high I would have expected we will see how she cuts throttle response is killer.

Does it have a limited coil on it?

Nope I have a feeling it is really going to rip in the wood throttle response is insane I have never tached a stock one but I am guessing they were not real screamers stock. I think when it goes into a cut rpms will drop very little. I would be very happy with it at 12000 cutting I will see. Going to run it today. I will get back to you on your 025

Ran a tank of gas through it today runs 10900 rpms ripping through about a 16" frozen black birch it runs very strong thing has tons of power very impressive from such a small saw heck of a runner. I am going to try a 8 pin drive should have it by Friday I think with the 18" bar it will pick up some cutting speed.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Isn't it more important how it runs while cutting as opposed to WOT no load?

Perhaps the intricacies of the porting/carb settings don't allow maximum WOT rpms, but High RPM in the cut is what matters?

:confused:

Perhaps the intricacies of the porting/carb settings don't allow maximum WOT rpms, but High RPM in the cut is what matters?

Yes your totally right. WOT no load means crapola. You could easily make a screamer out of the wood and have it fall on its face in the wood.

You are 100 percent correct cutting is what really makes a difference. It holds rpm while cutting very well I am totally pleased with the performance of this one.

Great Work!

It holds rpm while cutting very well I am totally pleased with the performance of this one.

I am so impressed with your work, and it gives me something to strive for.:cheers:

If my rebuilds ever get looking half as good as yours, I'd consider it a success!:clap:

the knowledge and abilities of the folks on this site is amazing. Simply Amazing.

:bowdown: Guarddog1

Just wanted to take a minute and thank Timerwolf for advice and help with the transfers (check out his saws WWWAAAYYY FFAASSTT) Thanks also to farley9n for advice thanks guys I have a ways to go to catch Timberwolf but I will give it a run.
:rock:

I am surprised you put that work into the transfers and left the muffler stock.

One of these would help you with a little more airflow and its not that much louder than stock

attachment.php

Oops never mind it looks like you did add the port in the front. Good job it looks stock.

I would like to run that saw against my 5100:chainsaw:

I am surprised you put that work into the transfers and left the muffler stock.

One of these would help you with a little more airflow and its not that much louder than stock

attachment.php

What stock whats that the 1/2 inch hole with the screen in the front is not stock and removed the factory baffle inside and opened the factory exhaust port by removing all restrictions. Thank you very much for the compliment I usually try to keep my saws as stock looking as possible I achieved it here I guess. If you heard it you would know instantly it is not stock.

Back