lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
derwoodii
dave76

dave76

ArboristSite Operative
A couple of updates to my Sporty.

Evos012.jpg

Evos011.jpg

001.jpg

treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
This is actually my first motorcycle, you can call it what you like but it does fit the description. I just got it off CL for a few hundred and believe it or not it runs. I kinda like it, more than those flashy bikes.
I don't have very much experiance at all with these things. This piglet seems to smoke a lot. The guy I got it from said he has it running rich but who knows or believes that guy? It has an oil injection pump and I was thinking: instead of using the pump why not just make my own mix and put it in the gas tank? I mean, what if the oil pump breaks? I don't know what mix to use.
The gas tank has been JB welded and also has been lined but that doesn't mean it don't need a gas tank, it sure could use one.
It runs, but I think it could run better. I haven't took it apart yet to check it out. I think its getting to much oil and there is probably something wrong with the carb.
The rear brake stick a little so I have to look into that. This bike is as old as me and I am 40 thought most people think I am 28. Still old for a bike though huh?
So.... WHAT DO I DO!!!!!! Hell I wore my leg out trying to start it before I realized I had to turn the petcock! Can I get a some help?

treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
It seemed like it wasn't opening up. I pulled the cover over the carb and tightened the throttle cable, as I did it I watched the thottle piston open more. It seems to run much better now and the idle is still the same. It will go just about as fast as I care to go which really isn't that fast though I don't know how fast cause I haven't the nerve to look down at the speedometer yet.
I have a little bit of work to do to this thing but it is ridable and most of the parts are there. I was looking for something with a title but I really have no intention of riding on the road. No plans for a complete resto but I am sure it will be interesting messing around.
The guy I got it from strapped it down to the trailer by the handle bars compressing the fork all the way so now the fork is leaking. I am hoping to put a fuel filter on it and take it out by the river this weekend for a little then take it apart and fix it, providing I can get parts for it. I mean I have to be able to get fork seals somewhere.

treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
This is what a friend of mine asked me to store in my garage one winter.

abike003-1.jpg

I had never riden a bike, didn't have a liscense and he asked me not to ride it. Yeah OK.

So I made liscense plate for it and took it out, man was it cold out.

abike001-1.jpg

treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
I was doing allright till that schoolbus came around the S curve all up in my lane and scared the crap outta me. The roads were heavily salted and graveled and though I was going slow I about dumped my buddies brand new bike.
I had to charge the battery and clean the plug to get it running. I left the Cooz Cruz on the plate when my buddy came up to get it. Boy was he pissed , he drove it for a few days before he realized.

Last edited:
treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
That's a nice old Kawi Dan. Fix that little bugger up and ride it. I knew a kid had one when we was kids except his was orange.

I was jiggle jagging with the carb. It felt like there was a rat living in the airbox or something before . It really runs pretty dam good now it has WOT. I guess now I have a little go I should fix the whoa.