lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of updates to my Sporty.

Evos012.jpg

Evos011.jpg

001.jpg

This is actually my first motorcycle, you can call it what you like but it does fit the description. I just got it off CL for a few hundred and believe it or not it runs. I kinda like it, more than those flashy bikes.
I don't have very much experiance at all with these things. This piglet seems to smoke a lot. The guy I got it from said he has it running rich but who knows or believes that guy? It has an oil injection pump and I was thinking: instead of using the pump why not just make my own mix and put it in the gas tank? I mean, what if the oil pump breaks? I don't know what mix to use.
The gas tank has been JB welded and also has been lined but that doesn't mean it don't need a gas tank, it sure could use one.
It runs, but I think it could run better. I haven't took it apart yet to check it out. I think its getting to much oil and there is probably something wrong with the carb.
The rear brake stick a little so I have to look into that. This bike is as old as me and I am 40 thought most people think I am 28. Still old for a bike though huh?
So.... WHAT DO I DO!!!!!! Hell I wore my leg out trying to start it before I realized I had to turn the petcock! Can I get a some help?

I just went out and rode it round the yard. I was thinking I should ride it down the stairs but changed my mind. Anybody got a hemet I could borrow?

It seemed like it wasn't opening up. I pulled the cover over the carb and tightened the throttle cable, as I did it I watched the thottle piston open more. It seems to run much better now and the idle is still the same. It will go just about as fast as I care to go which really isn't that fast though I don't know how fast cause I haven't the nerve to look down at the speedometer yet.
I have a little bit of work to do to this thing but it is ridable and most of the parts are there. I was looking for something with a title but I really have no intention of riding on the road. No plans for a complete resto but I am sure it will be interesting messing around.
The guy I got it from strapped it down to the trailer by the handle bars compressing the fork all the way so now the fork is leaking. I am hoping to put a fuel filter on it and take it out by the river this weekend for a little then take it apart and fix it, providing I can get parts for it. I mean I have to be able to get fork seals somewhere.

This is what a friend of mine asked me to store in my garage one winter.

abike003-1.jpg

I had never riden a bike, didn't have a liscense and he asked me not to ride it. Yeah OK.

So I made liscense plate for it and took it out, man was it cold out.

abike001-1.jpg

I was doing allright till that schoolbus came around the S curve all up in my lane and scared the crap outta me. The roads were heavily salted and graveled and though I was going slow I about dumped my buddies brand new bike.
I had to charge the battery and clean the plug to get it running. I left the Cooz Cruz on the plate when my buddy came up to get it. Boy was he pissed , he drove it for a few days before he realized.

Last edited:
Looks like a fun little ride, Dano. Trow on your Bug eyes and Petzl and call it good.

That's a nice old Kawi Dan. Fix that little bugger up and ride it. I knew a kid had one when we was kids except his was orange.

I was jiggle jagging with the carb. It felt like there was a rat living in the airbox or something before . It really runs pretty dam good now it has WOT. I guess now I have a little go I should fix the whoa.

Back