Let's Start a Muff Mod Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just added a deflector to a saw that in the past had melted the brake handle. While there any way I added 2, 1/4'' holes in the front. I do have a question as a rule of thumb how much of an opening can you add to a muffler in relation to the exhaust port size? To me it looks like some have an added opening that must be close to the port size.

I just added a deflector to a saw that in the past had melted the brake handle. While there any way I added 2, 1/4'' holes in the front. I do have a question as a rule of thumb how much of an opening can you add to a muffler in relation to the exhaust port size? To me it looks like some have an added opening that must be close to the port size.
You hear all kinds of stuff on that, I like to keep it slightly smaller than the exhaust port.

If memory serves me correctly, go 80% of the size of the exhaust port on the block.

At some point I can across a thread where some said to used spaghetti to measure the area of the exhaust port, I thought it was pretty neat and did so on my 346.

My 350
y7yrupe2.jpg
Its a 1" pipe and it runs great! Lil raspy tho..........

I just did a muffler mod today on my 066. Sorry I didn't think to take any pics. I opened up the factory side hole and added a dual port cover. Instead of removing the baffle, I drilled three big holes down the front surface of the baffle. I didn't get a chance to run it much, I only started it for a few. Seems to have more attitude now. ;)

Perhaps when I get 2 more SD six cubers?

I would like to do an 8 cylinder like Uncle Lee did with his seven cubers.

Ain't much of one to post videos (never have did one)

If the sound from 8 of those bad boyz don't break sumthin' my ugly mug would fo' sure!

100_0080_1.jpg 359

Hey we all gotta start somewhere eh?

my first and no doubt the best(performance wise)

I'm gonna mod my 550xp muffler this weekend but im not gonna cut the baffle inside it gets too loud.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

If memory serves me correctly, go 80% of the size of the exhaust port on the block.

Is that 80% total together with the original exhaust port, or 80% of the exhaust port, plus the original exhaust port?? If that makes sense??

Does anyone have any photos of a MM off a 562XP?

Thanks

No pics but i just cut out everything under the deflector, im gonna do the same on the 550

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Is there really anything as too loud?

Only thing I can think of is two Nitro Funny cars getting it all the way!
Dem things will shake your eyeballs.

Back