Limbing saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Aggie, you win ... but a roller tip bar would still give you some more limbing speed.. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Man, I don't know Ultra. Those pipes would kind of get in the way up in the harness. They would have to be for once the tree is down. I guess the 3120 would work as a serious climbing saw. Then again, your other 084 would be a good call there too.

So, where would you find a good 20 tooth sprocket?

Mark

You are kidding me? Put a 15" bar on an MS 361? What on earth would a 15" chain be able to do with all that horsepower to release?

Reminds me of my hot rod and pony car days. Remember the Hemi 'Cuda? :dizzy:

What about those guys that put bigblocks in vega's and pinto's.

You are kidding me? Put a 15" bar on an MS 361? What on earth would a 15" chain be able to do with all that horsepower to release?

LoL i think he puts that combination on the 372xp as well:jawdrop:
One of my mates runs a 372xp with a 15" 325 theres no way to bog it!

Believe it or not, it is my most common setup for limbing and bucking (in the woods), unless the trees are really small, like thinning victims - or I take another saw, just for kicks......

Most trees aren't more than 18" here, and a 15" bar does nicely, with some "overbucking".

It will be replaced by a 16" one when worn out, though.

Believe it or not, it is my most common setup for limbing and bucking (in the woods), unless the trees are really small, like thinning victims - or I take another saw, just for kicks......

Most trees aren't more than 18" here, and a 15" bar does nicely, with some "overbucking".

It will be replaced by a 16" one when worn out, though.

Since you have both a 339xp and a 346xpg, why on earth would you limb with a MS361W unless you're just trying to turn on Witchy with your big bulging biceps. :)

Latest posts

Back