Lombard bar....Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tex

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked up an old Lombard Super lightning power head. The price was right on the saw, but I am a little shell shocked at what a new bar for it will cost. Anyone got a used bar they want to get rid of? I bought this for only limited use on big stumps when I'm firewood cutting, so I sure don't need anything brand new, but I do want to be around 36" on the length. That brings up another question. Do you guys think it will power that much length with a skip tooth chain? More? From what I've researched, the saw is 69cc. If you guys know of any other bars that will cross to it too that might help my local guy find a bar off his pile that will fit. I'm willing to do slight machining if needed, as long as the price is right.

Thanks for any help! I hope I haven't gotten in over my head on this one.

I just picked up an old Lombard Super lightning power head. The price was right on the saw, but I am a little shell shocked at what a new bar for it will cost. Anyone got a used bar they want to get rid of? I bought this for only limited use on big stumps when I'm firewood cutting, so I sure don't need anything brand new, but I do want to be around 36" on the length. That brings up another question. Do you guys think it will power that much length with a skip tooth chain? More? From what I've researched, the saw is 69cc. If you guys know of any other bars that will cross to it too that might help my local guy find a bar off his pile that will fit. I'm willing to do slight machining if needed, as long as the price is right.

Thanks for any help! I hope I haven't gotten in over my head on this one.

This is the pattern... according to Acres site. It should be fairly easy to find a used one. Congrats on the saw. :clap:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/BMP/10?OpenDocument

I have a Lombard AP 42 that I run with a 20 inch Homelite bar off of a 330. My experience has been that several Homelite parts can be switched over.

Thanks for the help guys. After a little more research, it looks like those were made with homelite engines? That would explain the interchangability of parts. I'll keep digging into it.

Back