looking at getting a stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2yb3

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
im not an expert nor in any way very familar with stihl saws, guys selling these 2 441 at $350 each or 600 together well im trying to figure out are they both 441's the one in the back looks a bit different, they both run good, but i'll see person, so what'd be the better one to buy. thks

The back one is not a 441.

attachment.php

if they both run, you better jump on that! That 1st one is a 441. the other may be a 460 or 440!! for that price -considering nothing wrong with them they could be hot too. But dang, that seems awful good to me man!!:phone:

I'm pretty sure you're right. I think the one in the back is an ms440 (ms441predecessor). Too bad i don't live in canada, i'd have the both for $600.:biggrinbounce2:

They sure are different models. The one in front a 441 and the one in the back a 440????? They are definately good lookers though!

Upon checking out some pictures i agree. Probably a ms880 judging by general shape and distance from the stihl sign on starter recoil and handle. (ms440 what was i thinking :bang:).
If you go to see them check for initials on handle and question seller if so as to why they are there. Another long shot see if serial number is scrubbed (almost definately stolen). Also where did you get the picture you posted from, do you have any more?

Look at the size of the tank on it! Compared to the size of the flippy cap...

that's what I call a "hotsaw" !! :blob2:

:biggrinbounce2:

Go to 2:26 in the vid and you can see the flywheel side.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qx44yu8LKPU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qx44yu8LKPU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you get the feeling that the sale is legit, i.e. the saws weren't stolen, and they're mechanically sound, buy them quick. You could easily flip the one you don't want to keep, and have a nice saw for short money.

Latest posts

Back