Looking for new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrod

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new saw in the 50cc range. Have a pile of wood to cut up no bigger than 18". I own other large saws up to the Stihl 880. Getting to old to be handling a big saw to cut through the small stuff. I have multiple brands from Husky Stihl Dolmar and Makita. I just don't have a middle of the road saw. On the small side I have a Stihl 025 and Husky 350 but was looking for something newer. I like my 038 but its has a little weight to it when using it all day. Have a little extra cash and its burning a hole in my pocket, lol. Been looking at a Stihl 261 or the Husky 550. They seem to be close to the same specs and around same price from what I have read. Does anyone have any experience with these two saws? Pros Cons for comparing these two? Like to get one in the next week or two. Thanks for any information..

are you looking for a pro saw or just somthing in the 50cc range that is lite and will do the job i would say that the 545 or 550 would be what your looking or stihl ms261

Or, if you want to save a bit of coin, you might want to look at the MS 271. I have it and the MS 261 C-M. If I had purchased it before the 261, I probably wouldn't have a 261...

I have a 550 and a 545, I gave the 545 away because of all the limbing I do, for firewood the 545 is likely fine, either saw seems reliable.

stihl might be fine too, as mentioned, buy the one that is right for you:cheers:

I run echo, stihl, husqvarna, dolmar, efco, but in the 50cc the 550xp is just awesome. it just keeps on impressing. it's light, nimble and just flat out gets it done.

Latest posts

Back