looking for some of the best older cheap saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got back and most are poulan woodshark 1050s, wildthings, one poulan pro and a bunch of the yellow things, a couple eager beavers and a 1947 mercury 11hp 2 man saw

If the 2 man saw is complete, I've been wanting one of them and would give you at least $200 for it if you get it.

It appears the person used a cheapo saw until it broke and then just bought another one. So it would be safe to assume that NONE of them are in operating condition. These saws, if they need a carb kit and some tlc are really not worth repairing unless you are just bored and looking for something to do. If the cylinders are scored, they're junk.

Agreed. Its tough to tell based on the info we have, but anyone who has "collected" lower end homeowner saws most likely has been running them in a manner similar to what you've suggested.

I rarely will turn down a saw at a yard sale or otherwise for $10 or so, but i wouldn't expect to make any money on them - might be good if you are just trying to tinker tho.

Excuseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................................................................................me.

Come by my place and you can run a well thrashed 42cc Craftsman/Poulan that pumps over 140.

That is, if the freakin' son-in-law brings it back.......................................................Pot Likker never returns anything.

:agree2: Worked on several Wild Thing style saws with 150lbs+.

Ditto on the all the concerns expressed above,
especially the reason why a guy's got a that pattern of saw buying.

Don't know how successful they are,
but seems like someone on Charlotte area C'list is
always trying to sell a worn looking Poulan or Homelite, etc for $80 to $150.
some times see 5 ads/saws with same contact info or truck bed in the pic, so you know it's
one fellow.

Well?? Did you grab any of these toys?? You could practice your mechanical skills and porting on them. Use them as training tools for when you work on bigger better saws, Id love to stumble upon one for 10 bucks. I wouldn't feel bad about tearing it apart and putting the dremel to it. Good Luck Aaron.

Latest posts

Back