Lurker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I kill trucks

7617530142_16bd8c5407_c.jpg

Good load.

Ron is not welcome on my job, but I basically think of him as one of you pro boys. (I however proudly accept Barney Fife).View attachment 379561

I'll add that picture to my "Don't be this guy" file. I've been doing saw classes for the Land Trust and a couple of other trail groups. The people are enthusiastic, resourceful, determined and inventive. It's the inventive part that I worry about.

I'll add that picture to my "Don't be this guy" file. I've been doing saw classes for the Land Trust and a couple of other trail groups. The people are enthusiastic, resourceful, determined and inventive. It's the inventive part that I worry about.
You have full license and permission to do so! Just make sure they know I was wearing steel-toe Crocs! I'm most embarrassed about the lack of hearing protection

Where at in BC are you working now meng?
Hello OlympicYJ, right now I'm off work. In between jobs or a chosen mini-holiday. I'm not young so I'm pretty much
working when I want to anymore. It's right in the middle of the rut here so I've been doing a bit deer hunting. Both of
those pictures are from the Charlottes, where I live. Most of my falling career was with helicopters, a few different companies
and machines and many different places.

Thank you all for the welcome.

Two point Black Tail buck a couple of summers ago, these islands are covered with deer. The season limit
is fifteen unless you're a native then there is no limit, there's thousands of them.

6209207786_6408426b6f_z.jpg

Getting out at Christmas shutdown.

5338327418_e1526ffccf_z.jpg

The same airplane at the same camp six months later. Glassy water landing and someone made a mistake.
The only people aboard were the pilot and Old Howard the grapple snapper. It didn't look this bad before
they tried to lift it out of the water with the Skycrane and a strap broke and the airplane got dropped from
about a hundred feet. Funny thing is the insurance guy was overseeing the salvage and the major damage rested on his shoulders.

5173223378_2c6a734e2e_o.jpg

if you mean tramp bushler, he not been on lately. i think some one said he was workin on an oil field.......not sure bout that.
Working in the patch. I did that a few winters ago doing well service driving a cement bulker into rigs. Three in the morning it's forty below up some rig road a hundred miles off the highway alone and chaining up. It's no life for a timber faller from the coast.

5878834349_75a93c7096_o.jpg

I have absolutely no problem with shenanigans Ron, thanks for your reply. If anyone here has a problem with the kind of photos I'm posting let me know and I'll knock it off. Just trying to give you guys a look at what life in this part of the world is like. I started taking pictures too late in life to capture much of fallers world but I do have a few.

Seaspan from Vancouver taking a barge load of wood from Juskatla down south. Picture is from earlier this year. Self loading and dumping barge, they come with their own boom boats and crews, just pull bag booms of wood out to them and they do the rest. Taken from the fuel wharf about a five minute walk from my house.

13452576525_86bcf182e3_z.jpg

11058516553_962740ac96_z.jpg

11058347445_897d25ecc5_z.jpg

Back