Maine GTG In Early Fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think by mid to late August we should be able to start tossing dates around to see what works best for the most people to make it. We can narrow it down prior to that, but peoples plans change to often to really nail a date this early.

Like I said, there are a few places where people can pitch a tent or a small to mid sized camper, but no hook-up for water or power. I should secure a rent-a-crapper for the weekend, they aren't that expensive for a couple days.

I have the firewood processor just about set up and ready to roll, it'll be nice to have that fully operational for the event.

Sounds good, Moss. It is definitely too early to hammer out a date. My schedule changes by the week, but in August I should definitely know how the fall will shake out.

I will actually have more saws with me this time. If cantdog and I carpool, we could easily fill a truck bed with Jonsered muscle. Heck, we could probably fill 3 or 4, LOL!!

:cheers:

I have just been informed that my weekends in October have already been booked, except for the last one. September is looking like a more favorable option for me.

****I just checked with my wife about the dates, I definitely cannot do Oct. 1. There are 5 Saturdays in October, and I could probably make it any other Saturday other than the 1st. ****

Last edited:
I won't be around for the September week of moose hunting, had a couple of friends get drawn :rock:

Sept 17 Im running a lumberjack show in North New Portland.

Sept 24 is the weekend of the Common ground fair and Unity College has a woodsmen comp.

Oct 2 is a lumberjack show in Berlin NH and the next day is the BIG show at Fryeburg fair

so those are my busy weekends. if anyone wants dates and locations of other lumberjack competitions in maine and New England let me know. i may not know all of them but i can probly find one near you.

If I'm not out hiking in the Adirondacks, I'll be runnin' some saws with you up in Maine.

Okay, my schedule just freed up a bit. I am free (so far) every weekend in September and every Saturday in October, except for Oct. 1. We have a wedding that day, but other than that I should be able to make it any other Saturday.

Sorry I missed this before.

Rats Mossman, your moving added 30 minutes to my drive! :msp_mad:

That's ok though. Chances are that late September will be better for me, though it's possible that October could work too, but something can always crop up in September.

Saturdays are better than Sundays.

Let's all agree to check in maybe in August again and try to finalize a date.

Looking forward to seeing the processor this year! Hopefully we can assemble last year's crew and then some!!

Any updates about the GTG?

We should start the process of narrowing down a date or weekend. Like I mentioned before, the only thing I have busy is the week of Fryburg Fair and even then, I usually only attend that during the week. So I'm free bout anytime! My preference would be late September or early to mid October.............

I second votes for October. Things should be reasonably flexible for me (no solid commitments thus far for other things in Oct) then but I can't make any promises.

Last edited:
I am not sure about staying the night either. Depending on what time the GTG starts and what Cantdog is up to.

I will have a bunch of saws. I don't know if I will bring them all, but if someone has interest in one or another I will make sure to bring it along.

Latest posts

Back