Mastermind Meets The Husqvarna 395XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for those who don't know, this is my saw........ :rock:

That second cut in the vid was really impressive. Just hold the saw in the wood and let it chew away. It sounded like it was running pretty high RPM's through the cut.

Here is another "before" video. It doesn't have anywhere near the snot it has now.

chainsaw :: 006-8.mp4 video by jmueller57 - Photobucket

Thanks Randy!

Yeah, me like!!!!:msp_thumbsup:
Looks like you really might want have your footing before you set it to the wood.
Looks like it would pull your arms off, and alot of chain. :msp_thumbup:

I want one, I want one, I want one!!!!

I try to work 10 - 12 hours a day, and normally get 4 saws a week done. The shipping, fielding calls, local customers, and scrounging parts costs me quite a bit of time...

I'd love to come help/work with ya and learn a thing or two. But...the commute might be a little rough every day. :dizzy:

Impressive Randy!

I Clocked the first cut around 23sec and the second around 17!
Is that the exact same chain / Sharpness?
Do Save those #'s, as I would like them applied to my 395 as soon as I can get the cash together.
Need to recoupe from a receint from a 562 purchase first.

I run a 42" full comp on mine which is stock and it handles it fine.

Too bad Randy's so busy or I might consider having it tweaked. :hmm3grin2orange:

I do love the sound of a 395!

How long does it take you to file?

395 is 3 seconds faster in the same piece of woodthan a 066

You Stihl guys hear and see that with your own two eye's and the 395 is only 93.6 cc and a 066 91. 2cc or something like that . That is only a 2.4 cc's difference and a 3 second lead I think you Stihl guy's should watch this video a couple hundred times so you can see what a 90cc saw should run like . I bet my ECsaws 390xp will stick right with that 066 and it's only 87.7 cc's 4 cc's smaller yet just as fast. As soon as I can figure out how to upload a video I will and you guy can let me know what you think.

Hey Randy, if you double cut with the 066, like you did the first cut with the 395, I can see why it was 3 seconds slower.:msp_thumbup:

Well for those who don't know, this is my saw........ :rock:

That second cut in the vid was really impressive. Just hold the saw in the wood and let it chew away. It sounded like it was running pretty high RPM's through the cut.

Here is another "before" video. It doesn't have anywhere near the snot it has now.

chainsaw :: 006-8.mp4 video by jmueller57 - Photobucket

Thanks Randy!

I'm glad you showed up. This was a nice saw to work on. Thanks for giving a chance to do the mods for you.....it was a pleasure.

I run a 42" full comp on mine which is stock and it handles it fine.

Too bad Randy's so busy or I might consider having it tweaked. :hmm3grin2orange:

I do love the sound of a 395!

I'm catching up Bro. :rock:

I Clocked the first cut around 23sec and the second around 17!
Is that the exact same chain / Sharpness?
Do Save those #'s, as I would like them applied to my 395 as soon as I can get the cash together.
Need to recoupe from a receint from a 562 purchase first.

No the first video was a 24" full chisel......I thought it was a little short so in the next video I installed a 28" with skip.

Hey Randy, if you double cut with the 066, like you did the first cut with the 395, I can see why it was 3 seconds slower.:msp_thumbup:

Yeah that log needed strapped down. I did just that when I ran the next saw for the next round of videos.

I deserve that little smack for being in too be a hurry. Thanks Dennis!!! :msp_tongue:

Now I have packages to mail........later. :cool2:

Latest posts

Back