McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCN5393.JPG

There is a thread titled "Vintage Chainsaw Museum" with a lot of details. Just to give you a taste look at these.

WD2.jpg

20200409_185613.jpg

20200311_143447.jpg

Saws that don't have the automatic oil pump will have this block with a check valve.

IMG_3796 (640x480).jpg

IMG_3810 (640x480).jpg

The plastic body automatic oil pumps can be used but be gentle as Steve noted. I have resorted to installing helicoils in a few when I got too heavy handed cinching them down.

Vinny - I have seen red and blue starters to fit those saws, I haven't seen the whole saw in color like that but I do have this orange Mini Mac with no other identifications of any kind.

20180824_193638.jpg

20180824_193653.jpg

I think I have some of those starters in a box in the attic but I don't expect to be digging in there any time soon.

This one was given to me today by someone that found my McCulloch collectors business card on the bulleting board in a local industrial supply shop. I gave it a good cleaning and found a shelf worn NOS black and yellow bar for it.

20200416_182918.jpg

20200416_182934.jpg

This week has been a little extra busy as my dad passed away Tuesday morning. Things will be out of sorts for a few days but I still try to find some shop time when I can.

Mark

View attachment 819013

There is a thread titled "Vintage Chainsaw Museum" with a lot of details. Just to give you a taste look at these.

View attachment 819029

View attachment 819030

View attachment 819031

Saws that don't have the automatic oil pump will have this block with a check valve.

View attachment 819014

View attachment 819015

The plastic body automatic oil pumps can be used but be gentle as Steve noted. I have resorted to installing helicoils in a few when I got too heavy handed cinching them down.

Vinny - I have seen red and blue starters to fit those saws, I haven't seen the whole saw in color like that but I do have this orange Mini Mac with no other identifications of any kind.

View attachment 819020

View attachment 819022

I think I have some of those starters in a box in the attic but I don't expect to be digging in there any time soon.

This one was given to me today by someone that found my McCulloch collectors business card on the bulleting board in a local industrial supply shop. I gave it a good cleaning and found a shelf worn NOS black and yellow bar for it.

View attachment 819037

View attachment 819038

This week has been a little extra busy as my dad passed away Tuesday morning. Things will be out of sorts for a few days but I still try to find some shop time when I can.

Mark
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers. Brian

Put a

Put a 20" b & c on it and open up the hi needle 1/4 turn and hang on.
Hey mate
This has one of those fixed high jet Walbro's on it... 16" is good for what I cut, will change to a sprocket nose at some point though.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your dad Mark. I don't pretend to know you or your situation, but I hope you're doing well... sometimes keeping busy is good therapy in these situations... All the best mate!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dad was 98 and had indeed enjoyed a long and full life. The end came pretty quickly for him so there really was no suffering. My sister asked him to record his life history three years ago and I have been listening to the recordings over and over. He was a native Californian and worked for a brief time as a sawyer (on the wrong end of a two man saw) and in a sawmill grading redwood lumber as it came down the green chain. We used to go visit his mother (my Grandma Heimann) every three or four years and we kid from Iowa really enjoyed hiking amongst the redwood trees up in the hills above Pescadero, the area is actually called Redwood Glen.

He gave me a McCulloch saw, might have been a 200 when I went off for college and I used it to cut firewood when I went home on weekends to make a little spending money. This is not the original saw as I traded it in in pieces to buy my first new saw ever (Jonsereds 621) but it is a good facsimile.

McCulloch 1-42 4.JPG

I cut a lot of trees with that old saw, but I was younger and had a bit more stamina in those days.

I took a little break from cleaning and prepping saws today to relocate my snow blowers and some extra 8' fluorescent lights to my son's place in Waterloo. While there I rediscovered a box of 82 cc saws & parts that belong to Sawfun...looks like I have another project or two to work on. Don - let me know if you hear anything about the PNW GTG.

Mark

I'm very sorry for the loss of your father and condolences. Those 82cc Macs prolly are what I sent with you if there is a sp80, 81E, and 850. I'll let you know of any PNW gtg but am thinking the in the fall if at all. That whole event and all involved will be missed this June. I may need to ask you some 73 questions when I dig into my two and make one run. I agree with Ron, they ran out mag forth construction of that one. If I get more feeble, I'll have to use a cherry picker on that piece of heavy metal, ha ha.

Back