McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya guy's
It in pieces but i will shoot a pic tomorrow.
Off to the machine shop monday to get the
block bored. If things go well it will be running
next weekend.

Lee

No SP125 Pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Since the SP125 story is obviously fake...here are some actual pictures to make you all jealous...:snicker:

mcculloch 1000, 100cc chainsaw - $200 (mexico ny)

ts a 1973 Mcculloch 1000 or a p100 made by partner and Mcculloch. its a great saw it needs two bolt and two springs for the start pawls. iv used it for almost three years it cuts faster than a sthil 041. i bought a new saw so i don't need this one.if any one is interested i can have the two problems fixed. call or text 315-2007-055

not me but i thought one of you mac guys would like it

Chainsaw Mechanic

Gentlemen:
Mr. PIONEERFAN has taken a completely dead Mac model 47 and resurected it to the point that it Starts And Cuts with fuel drawn from the tank on its' own. Those of you who have tried this know what kind of feat this is. I take my hat off to him. His reward for this was a complete,(although equally Dead) 7-55 Mac. When it runs and cuts, I'm gonna declare him an Official McCulloch Mechanic. At this point all opinions are welcome..........................but please, he deserves all the encouragement we can give him.
Igpoe:cheers:

I think there are more parts in the carburetor and rotary valves in those old saws than in a complete new saw today...and they are more complicated and intricate as well.

I just about have the BP-1 back together, with new rings it checked out at 135 PSI cold. Should have a little of the old pep restored. I'll put some more photo's an details in the BP-1 thread.

Mark

Gentlemen:
Mr. PIONEERFAN has taken a completely dead Mac model 47 and resurected it to the point that it Starts And Cuts with fuel drawn from the tank on its' own. Those of you who have tried this know what kind of feat this is. I take my hat off to him. His reward for this was a complete,(although equally Dead) 7-55 Mac. When it runs and cuts, I'm gonna declare him an Official McCulloch Mechanic. At this point all opinions are welcome..........................but please, he deserves all the encouragement we can give him.

You said it brother. :cheers: to Pioneerfan for his success with your 47!

I think there are more parts in the carburetor and rotary valves in those old saws than in a complete new saw today...and they are more complicated and intricate as well.

I just about have the BP-1 back together, with new rings it checked out at 135 PSI cold. Should have a little of the old pep restored. I'll put some more photo's an details in the BP-1 thread.

Mark

That certainly is the truth Mark. I was both frustrated and amazed by the carburetor 'system' in the McCulloch 77. I'll be glad to see you sqare it away and get it running again. Those McCulloch 33/35/39 bevel drive saws are almost as complicated as the rotary valve saws too. One of these days I'll tackle mine.

Since the SP125 story is obviously fake...here are some actual pictures to make you all jealous...:snicker:

No unicorns, man. UPS says due in Wed.

and I know Lee doesn't play around.

Seller's photo.
View attachment 168467

Sorry if the photo doesn't appear, the new forum attachment system has me baffled...

i have a couple of theme. im selling mine tho. im more of a stihl man myself. if your interested you can see theme in my garage.

Gentlemen:
Congrats to him! After getting my 7-55 to fire up initially, it has sat un moved since :cry: Gotta get back to it soon. Good news is I can strip it to the block in about 5 minutes after having it apart 30 times.

Me and my FIL, Mark, worked on the tornado damage some more yesterday. We ran my two 7-10s to do the work. The one with the 10-10 gas tank is really a 7-10 that I built from all nos engine parts. I cut down 5 trees. The biggest one was an oak that was about 28".
IMG_20110115_120743.jpg

IMG_20110115_120737.jpg

IMG_20110115_115844.jpg

IMG_20110115_115839.jpg

IMG_20110115_115832.jpg

Hey Mitchell, you need to send me one of those sleeper 10-10's, I can only imagine how much fun that saw would be to run.

Enjoy you weather, we have a bit too much cold and snow on the ground to think about doing much in the way of tree cutting.

Mark

Yep. I've gotta build me one of them. That's been on my mind since he first put pics and idling video of it up. I've been outbid on an NOS 7-10 shortblock on feebay already...

So you think your Husky 346 is hot stuff eh? How about a race against a slightly larger (54cc) antique saw???:D

As great as the SP125 is it will not out cut a 3120 in many ways. Husqvarna just turns up a little more rpms. As for durability and running a long bar I thing the sp125 wins in this category. Excellent built saw the 125 is.

Sp70

I hope a member got that nice SP70 on eBay. I'm sure I put in the top bid - accidentially typed in $17xx.xx but caught it before I hit the confirm button. :tremble: I couldn't correct my bid in time and the auction was done.:turtle: Ron

Back