Milkin the day rate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Sure was. I was still sleeping here, I thought I was on safari.

milkinthedayrate001.jpg

milkinthedayrate002.jpg

milkinthedayrate003.jpg

I finally made it back there, They had gotten the chipper back OK .

milkinthedayrate005.jpg

milkinthedayrate006.jpg

milkinthedayrate007.jpg

milkinthedayrate008.jpg

milkinthedayrate009.jpg

milkinthedayrate024.jpg

After we took the fence down The Dan just reached up witht his 44. Five cuts the thing was down. Used the truck to pull the limbs out.

milkinthedayrate015.jpg

milkinthedayrate014.jpg

milkinthedayrate022.jpg

Finally got soemone to pose for the camera. That fruitcake is Jesse.

milkinthedayrate023.jpg

nice is that a 1230 or a 1250 i have a 1230 that's looks like my chipper the shoot repair etc tom trees

I know the pics are nice:) No, just joking but its true. I love the colors this time of year. The conifers stand out. I like to see the naked structures of the plants and trees. To be out there.
I don't know which one the chipper is. Its old and has been brutilized for about 20 years I think. A few years ago some guy rolled back on a hill and really messed it up with a jackknife. Evry on it has been broken severvly and then repaired. The entire tongue was snapped in the jackknife.
Its not mine but occasionally I have to jockey the thing on the site with my f150. My Bandit weighs 4500 and but I don't know how much that vermeer weighs. Got any idea?
Now that shoot has a little metal tang that protrudes from the adjusting ring where the shoot meets the chipper. John get his wrist caught in there last week when he put his hand on the handle to turn the shoot. He was at the hospital. I don't know what the tang is for either , maybe we should cut it off.
I will get some more pics of this poor chipper and add them in a post I will call " This is what happens when you assume you can hire just anybody to drive a bucket truck down the road"
Anyway, it took til about 2 til we had the mulberry wrapped up. Lots of bob wire and metal fence. You see where we just crushed the one old line? The rope broke a few times but the is expected. The butts were getting hung up on the wire, I tried to ingnore it but had to resort to violence. The rope was allready as hard as my... well... and I had had the rope for many years. It used to be a mooring line for The Mooshoolu.
Just as we were yanking the last bit out the Ho wants to bug us about how he didn't know it would take so long. He did want to see the cherry down. The 4 cherry took about an hour to set lines and pulley to pull with the truck.
It was great day for this. And I tell ya, that is how people get caught in chippers, by bugging the people running em!

Last edited:
milkinthedayrate021.jpg

We got it down to here by dropping the limbs big then pulling them under and out. We had just cut this last trunk section and had it hooked to the truck. It was pulling pretty good on the cherry it was hanging from we were still messing with that dam fence when the HO walked up and started to ask a bunch of questions.
My tactition, John, bears the duty of warding off this type of thing. We got to this job by 8 am , a half mile back to the trees through pear saplings we had to cut and chip. The Ho only wanted one limb off of the maulbeery but his neighbor had other ideas. So we topped it, about 5 feet off the ground. We took out the fences and cleared and path in. We broke nothing, there was a sprinkler head right by the base beleive it or not. He says " I didn't think it would take that long" ,I asked him what his thoughts were now?
We left the raking and the fence for him, took a long lunch, dropped the 4 cherries and I yanked that chipper out at 3:45, drove to the store and bought a pound of bacon, went home and made sandwhiches.
The one neighbor on the cherry fence side ask why were taking down the trees. Actually she said " What are you doing here?" She aslo wanted to know if we were going to clean it up. Answer: Not really. We left the logs and a lot of the stuff under the longs in 4 foot sections. There were a few sticks that were in her yard from before we got there, she was told to get a rake.
I think the guy got a great deal. The rate was 1500 for the day with three professonals. The HO had tried to cut some of that stuff down hisself... he didn't get very far. He said he had cut some for firewood, we ran that punky rotten pole through the chipper first thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back