Minus -12f come on man!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about a weeks worth and maybe half a cord at my dad's house that I still need to bring home. Really want to start spring cleaning and air the damn house out. Ah well, can't stay like this too much. longer

Almost got rid of the last of the snow with the last warm snap, although there's still some piles here and there...due for another 2-4 inches on Tuesday just to keep us honest, I guess. Did not expect to be burning this late in March down here on Long Is., but so it goes.

Some of you do not have the benefit of age for hindsight. I see nothing weather wise that I have not experienced before. The last 20 years or so have been generally milder winters. Use to be March was always cold generally snowy with some pretty nasty dumps, heck I've weathered through 14+ inches as late as 27th of April( might have been about 71) or 5" inches 10 of May( mid 80's) Seen the great lakes froze over completely many times- used to be quite common. Soon enough you all are going to be bitchin its too damn hot and dry.

We never saw the single digits over the weekend like "they" said we would; mid-teens is as low as it got.
Snowing this morning, maybe and inch or two "they" say... 23° right now.
But hope is on the horizon, "they" say maybe pushin' 60° next weekend.
WooHoo‼
Just haf'ta make it through this week and then it all ends (anyway, that's what I'm hopin').
I should have brought a little more firewood in yesterday but I'm thinkin' positive.

I had minus -13f again this morning at 7 am. I am starting to think I better stock up more wood I will probably be burning for heat into June.

Below zero weather is perfect for splitting wood. They usually fall apart with a single blow, and the clean,crisp air is energizing.

Plus your beard and 'stache turn into a big chunka ice which is...err..cool?

Ya, I remember, splitting in the cold is fun, you can get the "heat" going and get down to no shirt in some dang cold wethah...

35 here high around 49 thought towards the end of the weeks its suppose to be back in the 70's :laugh::chop:

They're saying we'll hit the 50's by the weekend, but our lows are still well below freezing for 3 of the next 7 days.

There's 18"+ of snow pack on my land. I'm not holding much hope to be seeing soft earth in April at this rate.

Back