Mix Oil brands and warranties

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M-tronic Stihl saws continuously monitor the chemical composition of the mix using a mini, built-in mass spectrometer. It sends this info directly to Stihl headquarters in real time. If it senses anything but Stihl ultra, your saw's serial number will automatically be "blacklisted" from further warranty repairs.

Personally I run the husqvarna XP mix in all my saws, with premium gas, my dad on the other hand runs the poulan mix in all his saws reg gas, both are mixed at 40:1 and both the 141 I had and his Walmart poulan seemed to last about the same amount of time

Personally I run the husqvarna XP mix in all my saws, with premium gas, my dad on the other hand runs the poulan mix in all his saws reg gas, both are mixed at 40:1 and both the 141 I had and his Walmart poulan seemed to last about the same amount of time
Is that the full synthetic oil

I use Lucas semi-synthetic oil its $9.99 a quart at your local O'Reilly's auto parts store.

That seems quite reasonable to me. I bought some belray but geez, expensive, haven't used it yet, still running my echo blend stash out. But if that lucas works.....

..I mean back in the day, we just used car/truck oil, that worked. Any modern full syn or blend will work fine, so it gets down to cost and local availability.

Is that the full synthetic oil
Not sure, haven't looked at any of them closer than how much to get 40:1 I think the XP oil might be, it's $4 for a bottle to mix 2 gallons at my local lumberyard / husq dealer, but then again a lot of things are twice as much there as going out of town :)

Really the only difference I have noticed is smell, the cheaper you go, the worse it seems to smell, the XP oil doesn't stink to me, from what I've heard vps gold has a candy smell, never used it myself so idk about that

Really the only difference I have noticed is smell, the cheaper you go, the worse it seems to smell, the XP oil doesn't stink to me, from what I've heard vps gold has a candy smell, never used it myself so idk about that
Yup VPS Gold smell like cotton candy and i have some Ipone that smells like strawberries and Motul 800 smells like banana's

That seems quite reasonable to me. I bought some belray but geez, expensive, haven't used it yet, still running my echo blend stash out. But if that lucas works.....

..I mean back in the day, we just used car/truck oil, that worked. Any modern full syn or blend will work fine, so it gets down to cost and local availability.
I used the high end $20-$25 a quart oils for a long time, i'll still use them in my dirt bike though. I really like this Lucas oil i've used almost a gallon of it and it burns very clean,no smoke,and doesn't really have a smell. I saw a few other mention here (Mdavlee and Hedgerow) that it was good oil and coated really well inside so i tried it and at $30 a gallon i'm sold.

I have been using the standard stihl mix at 50:1 for the last 4 years. Just picked up some stihl ultra so I will be switching to it soon, also at 50:1. I know the regular oil is fine and I haven't had any problems, but I want my saws to last and figure it can't hurt.

Yup VPS Gold smell like cotton candy and i have some Ipone that smells like strawberries and Motul 800 smells like banana's
I might try it if it smells that good, course that brings me back to my question I've had for a year on race fuel in an auto tune saw

I'm going back to SAE 30 for everything, bar and mix ;)

On Fridays I use strawberry scent for "date night"

View attachment 372778
Now I don't even have to shower :popcorn:
We were up north at deer camp last year and i cut up some wood for the fire and i had some Ipone, and my brother said "put that thing away before you attract the f*****g bears" :laugh:

JASO FC
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
JASO FC is a performance quality classification for two stroke engine oil, for engines of Japanese origin.

Oils are granted the JASO FC certification by the Japanese Automotive Standards Organization, under the test sequence M345. JASO FC is the highest rating for 2-stroke oils. JASO FC oils leave little deposits and create very little smoke. They also pass lubricant and detergent tests. A JASO FC oil will have a rectangular seal. In the upper quarter of the rectangle will be a serial number and the lower three quarters will just have the letters M.

Again, there is an official JASO seal if the oil has been independently tested. The seal is a rectangle; in the upper quarter of the rectangle will be a serial number, and the lower three quarters will just have the letters MA. In 2004, Jaso introduced a new quality level, JASO FD, which supersedes JASO FC as the highest rating. [1]

JASO FA – original spec established regulating lubricity, detergency, initial torque, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking.

JASO FB – increased lubricity, detergency, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking requirements over FA.

JASO FC – lubricity and initial torque requirements same as FB, however far higher detergency, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking requirements over FB.

JASO FD - same as FC with far higher detergency r

I used the high end $20-$25 a quart oils for a long time, i'll still use them in my dirt bike though. I really like this Lucas oil i've used almost a gallon of it and it burns very clean,no smoke,and doesn't really have a smell. I saw a few other mention here (Mdavlee and Hedgerow) that it was good oil and coated really well inside so i tried it and at $30 a gallon i'm sold.

I just looked it up, meets JASO FD specs. Good enough! Think we have an oil winner here for the buck. I also noted, I'll keep it vague, the owner made some politically incorrect statements the other day which make me want to support the company.

Latest posts

Back