Mix Oil brands and warranties

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked it up, meets JASO FD specs. Good enough! Think we have an oil winner here for the buck. I also noted, I'll keep it vague, the owner made some politically incorrect statements the other day which make me want to support the company.
Yeah i heard about that.:)

Yeah i heard about that.:)
ya, I am stocking up for the winter and possible..well..bad news if the cootie epidemic gets bad and we have to just stay home for an extended time frame. Been getting extra tractor supply bar oil at 7 clams a gallon the past two weeks, think I'll pick up some lucas, fill my poly tanks with some good non-E gas, and get some Pri-G to treat the gas.

I use the Stihl Green oil fully synthetic, at 30:1 when running the saws at full throttle cutting up big logs, no smoke, and the exhaust and plug are spotless, and a nice tan colour.
This is in the 440 and Dolmar and Shindaiwa.
Mate uses 50:1 "outboard" 2 stroke, blew his 066 up requiring new P/C. Now runs 40:1 with Stihl blue.
I tend to use the Stihl oil in everything from all the saws to the weedeater/hedgetrimmer and lawnmowers, although 40:1 in everything except the saws.
Local saw mechanic of 40+ years experience says any "quality" oil is good and interchangeable, but warns against 50:1 and has a saw graveyard he says is due to this 50:1.
I've used Husqvarna, Echo and Stihl oils for years, but really like the new green Stihl oil...even at $30 a litre here.

ya, I am stocking up for the winter and possible..well..bad news if the cootie epidemic gets bad and we have to just stay home for an extended time frame. Been getting extra tractor supply bar oil at 7 clams a gallon the past two weeks, think I'll pick up some lucas, fill my poly tanks with some good non-E gas, and get some Pri-G to treat the gas.
I use a mix of husq and corn oil in the winter, makes it go a little farther and easier to pour, and corn oil is cheap

Latest posts

Back