Monster Maul?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just my opinion, but I think Monster Mauls and Chopper 2's are nothing more than gimmicks.
Sure they are ok for the odd clunker that is just as well sawn into pieces, but nothing beats a 6# maul with a 36" handle for all around wood splitting.
John

:agree2:

Original Sotz

I have an original Sotz MM from the 70's that my father bought.It is orange and total weight with steel handle is 25 lb's.A couple of years later they offered a smaller one that was 18 lb's total weight.There is a slight bow in the pipe since it was no where heavy enough for the momentum that could be generated.We did not have a splitter back then and I would give it my all on a knotty piece of oak.The oak would win so something else would have to give hence the slight bow in the pipe.It has been sitting in my shed for quite a few years now since I use the splitter for the tough stuff and generally all my wood.But I remember everytime swinging that MM back in the days of my youth.I am 53 now.It did give me pin-point accuracy since you did want every swing of that maul to count.My 19 year old cannot figure out how I can hit the same spot with a maul every time.

Latest posts

Back