MS 180?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a like new MS250. So I just need to find a shorter bar for it

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I just try to stay out of these threads since I am not an advertiser.

MS-250 w/ 16" bar won't have any problem at all.
Fella I work with runs that setup and it does him well.
Your camp fire will stay stoked and trail debris clear for the 4x4

It has a 18 inch. I will probably try to swap or buy a 16. I would prefer a 14 if they are available just to save some space

I had to put a new carburetor on a 170. It does not have High and Low adjustments and rebuilds are usually not successful. I now have a 018c on the bench and it doesn't have High or Low either. A replacement is $30. Saws with this C1Q carb kind of puts the nix on a muffler mod.
A WT215 will work but more money.:(
This would make me look at something else if the carb only has one screw.

It has a 18 inch. I will probably try to swap or buy a 16. I would prefer a 14 if they are available just to save some space
Why? My Dad's stock MS250 pulls an 18" bar just fine. Not as well as my Poulans, but good enough. :rolleyes:

Why? My Dad's stock MS250 pulls an 18" bar just fine. Not as well as my Poulans, but good enough. :rolleyes:

Really, who would buy a 250/251 when a Dolmar PS-421 costs the same? Sooooo much better in so many ways! :D

Really, who would buy a 250/251 when a Dolmar PS-421 costs the same? Sooooo much better in so many ways! :D
Well, I have no interest in it either and was not impressed with my Dad's (given what he paid), but it works. And I do try not to push other saws in a thread like this too much!

Back