MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Randy. I have ported saws that had a one second gain in the cut and the hp was a noticeable change on the dyno. Your 261 is gonna blow our socks off with the dyno #'s for sure.

hey randy i just went back and watched the stock vid and man is it slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow haha

:lifter:

if i get one i'm gunna put radiation stickers on it

Last edited:
I understand Randy. I have ported saws that had a one second gain in the cut and the hp was a noticeable change on the dyno. Your 261 is gonna blow our socks off with the dyno #'s for sure.

I hope you don't take what I said wrong.......but sometimes I feel like I have a target on my back. :laugh:

does the auto adjust carb stuff look adaptable to a 440 or 461 ?

Would you say leaving the strato intact allows for a more optimal power curve?

This M-Tronic saw and the OE are two very different animals as far as I can see at this point. The M-Tronic system seems to be able to provide as much fuel as this thing needs even with the port work and the stratos intact.

I'm not done yet though. I'm now porting my cylinder and will put it on the OE model to see how it fairs with this approach and the stratos intact.

I've not ran this saw in a work setting at all yet, but I'm thinking it's gonna be a 50cc game changer.

I have a stock 550 and a stock 261c. Although both are 50cc they are totally different saws. The 550 is an screamer that is super light and perfect for limbing. The 261c is like a little bigsaw:msp_wink:. I really want to have both ported. I was dead sent on comparing these 2 saws and then selling one. After using them I want to sell one cause it is like they are totally different saws in a different class although both are 50cc.

I running 3/8 16" as bar on my 261c. Awesome work Randy:rock:. My 261c will be on the way to u if I make the final choice on to keep one or both.

I have a stock 550 and a stock 261c. Although both are 50cc they are totally different saws. The 550 is an screamer that is super light and perfect for limbing. The 261c is like a little bigsaw:msp_wink:. I really want to have both ported. I was dead sent on comparing these 2 saws and then selling one. After using them I want to sell one cause it is like they are totally different saws in a different class although both are 50cc.

Yes, the 261 simply isn't built like a 50cc saw should be! :msp_sneaky:

That is why the model never has interested me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back