MS261C-M/double dogs/20" light bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! I'm surprised it balances so well that with a 20" bar. I just picked up a 261 yesterday and put a 20" Cannon Supermini bar, and Stihl picco ps 3/8 chain. I know you have a light bar, but the cannon is much thinner and the lo-pro chain is lighter.....but when I pick it up its nose still drops quite a bit. It's still a light saw for its power though.
This 20" I think will only be temporary. I have a 16" Cannon toonie tip bar that will be on this saw most often. ...just waiting on the spool of ps 3/8" I ordered so I can make the right size chain.
Wow very nice.... Now is this the new model that is lighter than the old model???

20" - Rollomatic ES light - 2lbs 1 ounce
20" - Rollomatic E - 2lbs 5 ounces
25" - Rollomatic ES - 3lbs 10 ounces
28" - Rollomatic ES - 2lbs 11 ounces
32" - Oregon power match - 4lbs 8 ounces
32" - Rollomatic ES light - 3lbs 5 ounces
36" Rollomatic ES - 5lbs 2 ounces

More then a pound difference on the 32"!!!!
All of the light bars I have have more black paint on them compared to all of the bars I see online just have the black lettering... Are they designed differently or just different paint scheme. Which is newer?

Just weighed the 20" cannon super mini at 2lbs 4 ounces.

Total weight of my 261 with this bar and picco chain is 14lbs 5.6ounces...(has gas/oil too)

Just weighed the 20" cannon super mini at 2lbs 4 ounces.

Total weight of my 261 with this bar and picco chain is 14lbs 5.6ounces...(has gas/oil too)
1 ounce difference? Wow
Maybe because your 2016 power head is lighter it doesn't balance as well with a longer bar.
I bet that is why my previous years model balances perfectly....
I'll have to throw mine with B&C + fluids on the scale as well.

Awsome combo!!! Do I really need the double felling dogs? Not really. I wish I had them when I was flush cutting stumps the other day...
Light bar? For sure. Balance is perfect

Balance with the lightweight bar is perfect. The dogs don't hang down to far to make the saw teeter back and forth either

KM,

What saw/where did those dawgs come off of/from? And can you please tell me the part number for that guide bar?

Thanks

Double Dogs aren't always needed, but a full set of teeth sure makes a mean lookin' saw.
My 362C-M wears them.;)

These aren't quite as mean as the dogs on my 661.
I do like how the bottom spikes are kind of rounded off so they slide down the wood while bucking..
I got them so it's easy to flush cut stumps

You should get you a wrap handle for that saw! Then it will be one bad azz saw!
I have a big gap in between the 261 and the 661.
I think I'm going to wait and see what stihl does with their 441/461 line up
That or pick up the wrap handle 461 my dealer has

Of all Stihl's saws , the 461 appeals to me as the best of the lot.
Only reason I stopped at the 362 was cost.
dawgs.jpg

I have one here. Is the Mtronic really lighter? You weighed any of them or going by Stihl's specs? Brad what is the difference in performance between the two?
It's only the recently re-designed ones that are lighter. That does not included all MTronic 261s. I had a friend actually weigh an older 261 and I weighed one of the new ones.

Back