Ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know its bad but there are no sponsers over there & I've spent money with more that one of the places here. Please dont chastise me.

I heard that many guys are going to the 390xp, bit more power then the 385xp, sort of a "souped up" 385xp...heavier clutch etc...

I heard that many guys are going to the 390xp, bit more power then the 385xp, sort of a "souped up" 385xp...heavier clutch etc...

Yeah, I got a deal that I could not pass up. If I like it (modded of course) I may try a couple other models, being the 375xp (jking) no, the 372 and 390.

haha, well, they are all fun saws, main difference being personal preference...no real night in day differences in them in the same classes in my opinion....

why bother with the 575 POS?

Forget the 441, and buy a 575xp, or the "new and improved" version that is coming out....

when you can still get the 372? this is a no brainer.i'd look around to see if any of your stihl dealers have the ms440.i'd much rather have that or the ms 460 than the 441.

Awwwwwwww there it is. No wonder the 372 is the most over rated saw known to mankind,LOLOLOL

Troll remind the kind people there will be a need for diapers to catch the oil,LOLOLOL If your gonna cheer lead those Huskies every chance ya get your gonna have to answer to The Champ every now and then,hehehe
You know you love it, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mine haven't leaked a drop in over a year......

... but you refuse to take the simple action to fix yours - not my or anyone elses problem, yours only....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The 575xp is not even close in comparison. The 441 has almost one more horsepower. The two saws are night and day.

:laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: Did you post that when you were asleep - and they even weight the same, contrary to what the specs say- the 441 actually is heavier than than advertised, and the 575 lighter than advertised.....

I don't want either, but that is another story.......

Last edited:
when you can still get the 372? this is a no brainer.i'd look around to see if any of your stihl dealers have the ms440.i'd much rather have that or the ms 460 than the 441.

That's funny because I've used all 4 saws in question and the decision for me was easy. The 460 was the only other saw I considered, but it isn't worth the additional ~$50 for me.

I just don't get the 372. I've used a couple of them and don't get me wrong they are nice. They run just like a 361 to me, but with more power. Peaky powerband and an annoyingly high pitched scream.

Funny thing is that if the 441 was a Husky you guys would all love it. It does everything the 372 does, but better.

lolol -you have to use it (and put oil in it first) for it to leak:greenchainsaw:

Well, admittedly is has only about 6 tanks trough it by now - because ot our health issues, we actually have 4 saws that isn't run in yet - GRRRRRRR

Witchy used is as late as may this year, and so did I - but then I busted my foot, and she got ill - as you surely know......:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Mine haven't leaked a drop in over a year......

... but you refuse to take the simple action to fix yours - not my or anyone elses problem, yours only....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LOLOL, I bet yours hasn't run in over a year either,LOLOL

True I could get a simple fix but why, I'm having too much fun with that saw. Right out the dayumm box pouring oil, what more could a Stihl man want,hehe
BTW that 441 has never leaked a drop and even when its spanking that 372 in the cut it doesn't need extra oil,LOL

( I like my 372 just the same, wink)

:laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: Did you post that when you were asleep - and they even weight the same, contrary to what the specs say- the 441 actually is heavier than than advertised, and the 575 lighter than advertised.....

I don't want either, but that is another story.......

Did you follow up and read the explanation for my post? Or just read and quote?
I was looking at the 357 and comparing.

That's funny because I've used all 4 saws in question and the decision for me was easy. The 460 was the only other saw I considered, but it isn't worth the additional ~$50 for me.

I just don't get the 372. I've used a couple of them and don't get me wrong they are nice. They run just like a 361 to me, but with more power. Peaky powerband and an annoyingly high pitched scream.

Funny thing is that if the 441 was a Husky you guys would all love it. It does everything the 372 does, but better.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Peacock control yourself ole boy, only I'm suppose to hassel Sawtroll over the 441/372,LOLOL

I don't think it has the top-end powerband that the 372xp has, but admittedly I have never used a 441 - and don't want to either, because of the weight and bulk...

The 441 is much cheaper than the 372xp here, but I never hesitated, a year+ ago......:greenchainsaw:

I don't think it has the top-end powerband that the 372xp has, but admittedly I have never used a 441 - and don't want to either, because of the weight and bulk...

The 441 is much cheaper than the 372xp here, but I never hesitated, a year+ ago......:greenchainsaw:

Well Troll I gotta tell ya. Me and ole Hoss sawed up a tractor trailer load of logs a few months ago. I let him run the 372 and 441. He couldn't feel the differance in the few ounces between those two saws, neither can I. I can tell you the 372 was out of gas long before the 441 was, meaning theres no way the 372 can outcut the 441 in production, it spends too much on the ground getting refilled while that 441 is still cutting. Performace wise they cut so close its not worth talking about. Ole Hoss is now a proud new 441 owner, he,like me,didn't find the 372 to be what all its cracked up to be. Even so I will tell ya this though, I likem both ole feller,:cheers: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back