Ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that the 372xp use a lot of fuel, but it puts the fuel to good use....:cheers: :cheers:

The new muffler I got may make my 361 use a bit more fuel as well, but so far it has been a really fuel-effective saw, compared to anything else.....:givebeer: :givebeer: :cheers:

I agree that the 372xp use a lot of fuel, but it puts the fuel to good use....:cheers: :cheers:

The new muffler I got may make my 361 use a bit more fuel as well, but so far it has been a really fuel-effective saw, compared to anything else.....:givebeer: :givebeer: :cheers:

Well I have to tell ya, 361,441,372, I'll take the 361 anyday. That saw in my opinon is the best all purpose saw made. That saw is SWEET!!

Well I have to tell ya, 361,441,372, I'll take the 361 anyday. That saw in my opinon is the best all purpose saw made. That saw is SWEET!!

Exactly, the 361 is the perfect allround saw, at least around here (remember that our German ones has more power than the VB ones) - the others is mostly for fun, unless I fit a Logosol setup on the 372xxxp (yes xxxp, and it doesn't leak at all)....:givebeer: :givebeer:

Last edited:
Exactly, the 361 is the perfect allround saw, at least around here (remember that our German ones has more power than the VB ones) - the others is mostly for fun, unless I fit a Logosol setup on the 372xxxp (yes xxxp, and it doesn't leak at all)....:givebeer: :givebeer:

LOL, okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, but I like teasing about my oil leaker,LOL

I do agree the 361 is a perfect all around use saw. I've sold many many of them and have yet to have anything come back other than smiling customers lovin that saw.
If I had to clean out the saw shed and could only have a few instead of a bunch that 361 would stay for sure. The big saws are as you say mostly for fun.:cheers: :cheers:

LOL, okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, but I like teasing about my oil leaker,LOL

I do agree the 361 is a perfect all around use saw. I've sold many many of them and have yet to have anything come back other than smiling customers lovin that saw.
If I had to clean out the saw shed and could only have a few instead of a bunch that 361 would stay for sure. The big saws are as you say mostly for fun.:cheers: :cheers:

If I had to cut down on my inventory, the last ones I would give up would be the the 361 and the 339xp - and I would never give up the 361......:cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:
the 441 is a husky! look at all the options they copied form husky.

That's funny because I've used all 4 saws in question and the decision for me was easy. The 460 was the only other saw I considered, but it isn't worth the additional ~$50 for me.

I just don't get the 372. I've used a couple of them and don't get me wrong they are nice. They run just like a 361 to me, but with more power. Peaky powerband and an annoyingly high pitched scream.

Funny thing is that if the 441 was a Husky you guys would all love it. It does everything the 372 does, but better.

and i still hate it,as with the 575.i do not see any stratocharged saws with a cat muffler in my future for some time.

you are the first person i have ever cpme across that doesn't like the sound of the 372.hell i know die hard stihl guys that love the sound.

Actually, out of all the saws being talked about thus far, I think the MS-460 still has the highest power to weight ratio of all these and does not have the annoying vibration of the MS-440. It does vibrate, but at a different frequency which is easier on your hands due to the extra displacement.

Actually, out of all the saws being talked about thus far, I think the MS-460 still has the highest power to weight ratio of all these and does not have the annoying vibration of the MS-440. It does vibrate, but at a different frequency which is easier on your hands due to the extra displacement.

The 7900 obviously have a better power to weight ratio than any Stihl - why contest that.......:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Like I have already said, once they discontinue or start to, the 460 - I am buying up as many as possible. Hell - may even pull out a second morgage on the house.

Buy up some 372xps as well - they may get you more profit than that lame Stihl......:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
and i still hate it,as with the 575.i do not see any stratocharged saws with a cat muffler in my future for some time.

you are the first person i have ever come across that doesn't like the sound of the 372.hell i know die hard stihl guys that love the sound.

The 441 doesn't have a cat. It's just a hollow can.

I can't see what a Husky guy would hate about the 441. It's got a big butt, like the 372. It's high revving, like the 372. It's reliable, like the 372. It cuts fast, like the 372. It has GREAT filtration, like the 372. It's within ounces of the 372. It is smooth in the cut, like the 372. It uses less fuel than the 372. It has more torque than the 372. In fact, some people even say it is smoother, cuts faster and has better filtration.

What is not to like. Just pretend it's all one color.:) :greenchainsaw:

"It's within ounces of the 372"

Nope, not in the real world......:jawdrop:

..Stihl lies on the weight of the 441.

So does Husky on the 372, but the difference is still there......

Last edited:
i'll buy the uses less fuel argument.

The 441 doesn't have a cat. It's just a hollow can.

I can't see what a Husky guy would hate about the 441. It's got a big butt, like the 372. It's high revving, like the 372. It's reliable, like the 372. It cuts fast, like the 372. It has GREAT filtration, like the 372. It's within ounces of the 372. It is smooth in the cut, like the 372. It uses less fuel than the 372. It has more torque than the 372. In fact, some people even say it is smoother, cuts faster and has better filtration.

What is not to like. Just pretend it's all one color.:) :greenchainsaw:

mainly because we didn't compare that.otherwise the 372 beat it in everything else.the guy that owned it is a stihl nut and he liked the 372 much better.that may explain why the 441 is on the other side of the country now and he no longer owns it.

no way they are within ounces of each other.the 441 is quite a bit heavier.don't get me wrong,i give stihl credit for trying.it ran good with a 20" on it but once we slapped a 25" on it it was all over.fell flat on it's face.

mainly because we didn't compare that.otherwise the 372 beat it in everything else.the guy that owned it is a stihl nut and he liked the 372 much better.that may explain why the 441 is on the other side of the country now and he no longer owns it.

no way they are within ounces of each other.the 441 is quite a bit heavier.don't get me wrong,i give stihl credit for trying.it ran good with a 20" on it but once we slapped a 25" on it it was all over.fell flat on it's face.

Maybe you should try a 28" then. Mine had no problem with this 60" ash. Even pulled full comp just fine. I got 9 cords of firewood out of that tree. Most of it cut with an underpowered, heavy, turd of a saw....
attachment.php

Back