Muffler mod a US thing ? Bien s?re que non !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had never heard of a muffler mod untill I found this forum a few years ago. Never modded a saw myself, nor did I see one in operation with saw users in my area.

So I go : this must be a silly invention by our american (and canadian) friends to lift the power of their gutless, EPA restricted saws... :laugh: :laugh:

But a few months ago, I found an oldie saw, suggesting evidence that muffler modding may have been invented (as most of the other good things in life) in our part of the world...

Here's a pic showing the discovery ...I'll show pictures of the saw later.

What ya say you men and women of the great PNW ???:givebeer:

Belgian I'm a little late getting on this thread, but that is a fine old Rexo.That muffler mod may be older on that French saw but in the early 1970s I worked alongside 2 Basques from Spain [toughest loggers I ever met] and ever since they first came to Canada they would punch 3 or 4 holes in the muffler of a brand new saw with their scrench. They explained to me that they did that in Spain also and they liked the power increase. I guess the muffler mod is a universal thing.:)

Last edited:
Belgian I'm a little late getting on this thread, but that is a fine old Rexo.That muffler mod may be older on that French saw but in the early 1970s I worked alongside 2 Basques from Spain [toughest loggers I ever met] and ever since they first came to Canada they would punch 3 or 4 holes in the muffler of a brand new saw with their scrench. They explained to me that they did that in Spain also and they liked the power increase. I guess the muffler mod is a universal thing.:)

I was just joking of course ! There is a spanish member on this forum (podaltura) who runs moddes huskies... post fine pics too ! :clap: :clap:

I agree it must be a universal thing, but not so popular in our area :)

Not popular in the north of Scotland either!
Im the only person that i know that has anything modded in any way!

That saw can't be French from the forties............. no white flag waving over it!
As I recall my 1940s history...
The Belgians refused to join the Anglo-French alliance so the Germans marched through Belgium. The British got squeezed out, dropped all their weapons and ran away from Dunkirk while the French held off the Germans.
Nobody resisted more fiercely than the Dutch and the Norwegians.

The Belgians refused to join the Anglo-French alliance so the Germans marched through Belgium. The British got squeezed out, dropped all their weapons and ran away from Dunkirk while the French held off the Germans.

Well if we want to get technical about WWII ,I say the Greeks were the fiercest resistence against the Nazis, even the Greek women fought like warriors. Second place would be the Italian street gangs of Naples. Stories were told of gangs of youths wiping out platoons of SS. :)
And Naples is still tough, when I was there a few years back a common sight was store windows advertising their wares: brass knuckles,auto handguns, baseball bats.

Jim, sorry but I think you need to reread your history books here...:dizzy:

Well if we want to get technical about WWII ,I say the Greeks were the fiercest resistence against the Nazis, even the Greek women fought like warriors. Second place would be the Italian street gangs of Naples. Stories were told of gangs of youths wiping out platoons of SS. :)
And Naples is still tough, when I was there a few years back a common sight was store windows advertising their wares: brass knuckles,auto handguns, baseball bats.

The usual thing that people think about the Italians in the war is the tanks with 2 forward gears and 20 reverse lol

Jim, are you ok? Do what Belgian told you to do!

Which part isn't true?

The Belgians would not allow foreign troops on their soil. Their defensive plan was to delay the Germans and fall back on British lines. The Germans marched through Belgium.
The British evacuated Dunkirk, leaving all their weapons.
The French held the perimeter while the British escaped.

OK, I'll go along with the Greeks being at the top of the heap for resistance.

Last edited:
Which part isn't true?

The Belgians would not allow foreign troops on their soil. Their defensive plan was to delay the Germans and fall back on British lines. The Germans marched through Belgium.
The British evacuated Dunkirk, leaving all their weapons.
The French held the perimeter while the British escaped.

OK, I'll go along with the Greeks being at the top of the heap for resistance.

The Germans did not march true Belgium, they kept them busy for 18 days. Where quit alot foreign troops on Belgian soil.

The Dutch did not do that good, were overrun because of the 18th century army we had. When the Germans started bombing big cities, we surrenderd.

Now i stop writing about the war, affected my family, as millions more, quit a lot. Not the right place to do this.

Just wanna talk chainsaw.

Lex

The Germans did not march true Belgium, they kept them busy for 18 days. Where quit alot foreign troops on Belgian soil.

The Dutch did not do that good, were overrun because of the 18th century army we had. When the Germans started bombing big cities, we surrenderd.

Now i stop writing about the war, affected my family, as millions more, quit a lot. Not the right place to do this.

Just wanna talk chainsaw.

Lex

Yes I agree also polexie. This is no place to talk about the war. Many of my relatives have suffered and many just disappeared off the face of the earth. It will still take many more generations for Europeans to recover from that war of 64 years ago. Something we should never forget ,but not something to make fun of ,no matter what nationality. :cheers:

Last edited:
Didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I just don't like to see one Nationality singled out for bad behavior. There's no need or sense in pointing a finger at any one group.
I too have a lot of family back in the Old Country (Greece in my case). My family didn't escape unharmed either.

Latest posts

Back