Muffler mod a US thing ? Bien s?re que non !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Muffler mod a US thing ? Bien sûre que non !

I had never heard of a muffler mod untill I found this forum a few years ago. Never modded a saw myself, nor did I see one in operation with saw users in my area.

So I go : this must be a silly invention by our american (and canadian) friends to lift the power of their gutless, EPA restricted saws... :laugh: :laugh:

But a few months ago, I found an oldie saw, suggesting evidence that muffler modding may have been invented (as most of the other good things in life) in our part of the world...

Here's a pic showing the discovery ...I'll show pictures of the saw later.

What ya say you men and women of the great PNW ???:givebeer:

rsmufflermodsmall.jpg

Nice welding.. but the pipes make it look like a cartoon character.:greenchainsaw:

btw... where is the "muffler";)

Last edited:
Arrrrrrgh, those ami's ..... the southern part of our country speaks french, but they are no frenchmen... same goes for the nothern part, they speak dutch but we are no dutchmen !

damn.. must be a mess in the "middle part". I bet they munch tulips instead of garlic:greenchainsaw:

Hmmm... The entire county is the size of a postage stamp. How can you have a middle?

Like Jacob already mentioned, I found a french two men saw, made by Rexo, type RS. It's a 350 cc !!! single cylinder with magneto ignition and a manually operated clutch. It dates late fourties, early fifties, but I am not sure really.

the muffler is not original of course, but probably a redneck replacement for the original one. I have no replacement muffler, so I decided to leave it on the saw for now, and it adds a kinda 'mean' touch to the saw .

It also came handy... to ruffle the feathers of our friends modders over the pond, I guess :hmm3grin2orange:

here's the pic of the power head

rshsmall.jpg

damn.. must be a mess in the "middle part". I bet they munch tulips instead of garlic:greenchainsaw:

Hmmm... The entire county is the size of a postage stamp. How can you have a middle?

Now watch it Mr Lakeside....grrrr. I happen to live at the language border of the two regions and master both of the languages. We do not munch vegetables of any kind besides 'hop', a gift from the Allmighthy to produce the finest beers in the world...:check:

Like Jacob already mentioned, I found a french two men saw, made by Rexo, type RS. It's a 350 cc !!! single cylinder with magneto ignition and a manually operated clutch. It dates late fourties, early fifties, but I am not sure really.

the muffler is not original of course, but probably a redneck replacement for the original one. I have no replacement muffler, so I decided to leave it on the saw for now, and it adds a kinda 'mean' touch to the saw .

It also came handy... to ruffle the feathers of our friends modders over the pond, I guess :hmm3grin2orange:

here's the pic of the power head

rshsmall.jpg

Wow! I'd like to run that. Just for a little while.

Back