Muffler mod a US thing ? Bien s?re que non !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Muffler mod a US thing ? Bien sûre que non !

I had never heard of a muffler mod untill I found this forum a few years ago. Never modded a saw myself, nor did I see one in operation with saw users in my area.

So I go : this must be a silly invention by our american (and canadian) friends to lift the power of their gutless, EPA restricted saws... :laugh: :laugh:

But a few months ago, I found an oldie saw, suggesting evidence that muffler modding may have been invented (as most of the other good things in life) in our part of the world...

Here's a pic showing the discovery ...I'll show pictures of the saw later.

What ya say you men and women of the great PNW ???:givebeer:

rsmufflermodsmall.jpg

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Arrrrrrgh, those ami's ..... the southern part of our country speaks french, but they are no frenchmen... same goes for the nothern part, they speak dutch but we are no dutchmen !

damn.. must be a mess in the "middle part". I bet they munch tulips instead of garlic:greenchainsaw:

Hmmm... The entire county is the size of a postage stamp. How can you have a middle?

belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Like Jacob already mentioned, I found a french two men saw, made by Rexo, type RS. It's a 350 cc !!! single cylinder with magneto ignition and a manually operated clutch. It dates late fourties, early fifties, but I am not sure really.

the muffler is not original of course, but probably a redneck replacement for the original one. I have no replacement muffler, so I decided to leave it on the saw for now, and it adds a kinda 'mean' touch to the saw .

It also came handy... to ruffle the feathers of our friends modders over the pond, I guess :hmm3grin2orange:

here's the pic of the power head

rshsmall.jpg

belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
damn.. must be a mess in the "middle part". I bet they munch tulips instead of garlic:greenchainsaw:

Hmmm... The entire county is the size of a postage stamp. How can you have a middle?

Now watch it Mr Lakeside....grrrr. I happen to live at the language border of the two regions and master both of the languages. We do not munch vegetables of any kind besides 'hop', a gift from the Allmighthy to produce the finest beers in the world...:check:

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Like Jacob already mentioned, I found a french two men saw, made by Rexo, type RS. It's a 350 cc !!! single cylinder with magneto ignition and a manually operated clutch. It dates late fourties, early fifties, but I am not sure really.

the muffler is not original of course, but probably a redneck replacement for the original one. I have no replacement muffler, so I decided to leave it on the saw for now, and it adds a kinda 'mean' touch to the saw .

It also came handy... to ruffle the feathers of our friends modders over the pond, I guess :hmm3grin2orange:

here's the pic of the power head

rshsmall.jpg

Wow! I'd like to run that. Just for a little while.