Muffler question??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl026man

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is this the epa muffler or a regular one without all that restricting crap inside?? I dont know if you can tell from the pic or not.. but the one on my saw has the exhaust slot comming out the top with a screen over it. this one is comming out the side and its a round pipe. Im not sure what the difference is?? thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/365-371-372-Cha...20538QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Hey guys is this the epa muffler or a regular one without all that restricting crap inside?? I dont know if you can tell from the pic or not.. but the one on my saw has the exhaust slot comming out the top with a screen over it. this one is comming out the side and its a round pipe. Im not sure what the difference is?? thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/365-371-372-Cha...20538QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

i have one just like it and it has the baffles inside.

That's not a stock muffler. At least not like any that have been on the 5 372's i've owned or any that I've seen. It should have the stock port on top, besides the tube that's been added. Which, of course, made it better. Likely, if there were guts inside the muffler, the modder took them out. I don't think any of mine have had any baffles.....

Edit, maybe I'm off base?? That tube port has the indentation that doesn't look possible to have been added later...

Last edited:
That's not a stock muffler. At least not like any that have been on the 5 372's i've owned or any that I've seen. It should have the stock port on top, besides the tube that's been added. Which, of course, made it better. Likely, if there were guts inside the muffler, the modder took them out. I don't think any of mine have had any baffles.....

Edit, maybe I'm off base?? That tube port has the indentation that doesn't look possible to have been added later...
husky pn 503 76 53-01 Std

i have one just like it and it has the baffles inside.

It's the same Euro Tube-Muffler that I have on my 2171, whit baffles inside.
attachment.php

Is the one with the tube out the side more restricting than the other muffler for the 372xp then since it has baffles inside?? which is better to have?? thanks

Zack

That factory added tube looks trick but adding your own tube would do the same thing, add more power. You can pay someone to add a tube if you desire but it's not that hard. I can pm a few names if needed, going to run ya about $40+ though. Heck I will do it cheaper than that, send me the muff, LOL.

Last edited:
thanks

Im guessing the tube one with all the baffles inside would be more restricting than the one with the top outlet that I have....

Thanks for setting me straight, guys. That port looks rather small, compared to the port that Ed Heard adds to mine..... get rid of the guts in the muffler, add a 5/8 or so port, retune the carb, and be prepared to be blown away.

Back