My 261 feels stronger than my 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember the are other people that can port saws other than people here on AS :taped:

That actually is very true, but I hardly think you are one of them - but how do you define "simple mods"? you can't just introduce a new expression like that, without defining what you mean by it.

MS 261 and MS 361 are way to close to each other in my eyes (50 cc and 60 cc class) ;)

:jester: What actually is the case, is that they are way too close in weight and bulk - but they are nowhere near as close when it comes to power.

That actually is very true, but I hardly think you are one of them - but how do you define "simple mods"? you can't just introduce a new expression like that, without defining what you mean by it.

HMMMM; I've posted here on AS several times that I've been taking weight off several cylinder; I really don't think that's a new expression :laugh:

JMO

HMMMM; I've posted here on AS several times that I've been taking weight off several cylinder; I really don't think that's a new expression :laugh:

JMO

So you're trying to go from a failed sprintcar racer to a failed microsprint racer to a failed chainsaw porter? :)

JMO

As it looks on the AS, the ones that remove the most metal generally turn out the worst results - so I don't really see the point of bragging about removing metal! Not just some times, but mostly, a little is more than a lot - if it is done right.

As it looks on the AS, the ones that remove the most metal generally turn out the worst results - so I don't really see the point of bragging about removing metal! Not just some times, but mostly, a little is more than a lot - if it is done right.

Like I've posted here on AS I don't take 1/2 the meat of as most do. That's why I'm playing with these Earthquake chain saws it's much cheaper R&D work :msp_smile:

See I like trying different things like what I'm doing on my last 026 I got; it was running fine but I took it apart just the other day to take more off the cylinder ports and put and adjustable oilier on it :msp_scared:

See I like trying different thing with chain saw chains and using different chain saws to find out what I want to use :msp_scared:

Unscrewing a few bolts and undoing a few nuts is easy (for some people) on a chain saw; I know it's alot easier than working on sprint car motors :msp_smile:

You see there is this guy at this saw shop in Woolley that has been showing me the ropes and they do alot of Woods porting :msp_wink:

It might even be easier than just talking about them 24/7 :taped:

JMO

Man if it wasn't for the big sprint car races down under that i'm listen to I wouldn't be up now :jester:

Like I've posted here on AS I don't take 1/2 the meat of as most do. That's why I'm playing with these Earthquake chain saws it's much cheaper R&D work :msp_smile:

See I like trying different things like what I'm doing on my last 026 I got; it was running fine but I took it apart just the other day to take more off the cylinder ports and put and adjustable oilier on it :msp_scared:

See I like trying different thing with chain saw chains and using different chain saws to find out what I want to use :msp_scared:

Unscrewing a few bolts and undoing a few nuts is easy (for some people) on a chain saw; I know it's alot easier than working on sprint car motors :msp_smile:

You see there is this guy at this saw shop in Woolley that has been showing me the ropes and they do alot of Woods porting :msp_wink:

It might even be easier than just talking about them 24/7 :taped:

JMO

Man if it wasn't for the big sprint car races down under that i'm listen to I wouldn't be up now :jester:

None of that changes that this turned out to be about a ported 261 vs a stock (EPA demoted) US 361, so this thread is basically meaningless - and something surely looks "fishy" here, and has for a while. :alien2:

Last edited:
So you're trying to go from a failed sprintcar racer to a failed microsprint racer to a failed chainsaw porter? :)

I've never driven a sprint car or a mini sprint

I've worked on both of them and awful lot and sponsored both types of cars but never driven them

I've taken many pictures of them this year over 50 k

I cut back my sprint car/mini sprint racing this past year; I'm down to about 45 + races this year I was doing up to 105 race nights a year and traveling across the country west coast to Iowa

JMO

None of that changes that this turned out to be about a ported 261 vs a stock (EPA demoted) US 361, so this thread is basically meaningless.

Wasn't this thread titled "My 261 feels stronger than my 361"

Maybe I miss read the title of the thread that I didn't start ?

JMO

Wasn't this thread titled "My 261 feels stronger than my 361"

Maybe I miss read the title of the thread that I didn't start ?

JMO

This wouldn't have been an issue at all, if the first posts had been clear about the fact that the 261 is ported. Someone did his best to make the wrong impression, no doubt to make the 261 look better than it is - and you did of course support that false impression.....:jester:

I have a MS 361 that is about 2 years old and have a newer 261, The 261 is more responsive and will cut faster than the 361 while bucking (same log). The 261 is stock and the 361 has a muffler mod (3- 3/8 inch ports). I've never run anyone elses 361 so does this sound normal?

FYI
261 is 18in .325, the 361 is a 20" 3/8.

This is the original quote and ambiguous at best, not enough info IMO.
Whatever. This is like trying to compare #### stars. Both saws get the job done but they are not the same.

Really p o * r n is a bad word

Last edited:
Simple amazing :taped:

A MS 261 with a few simple mods will out run a stock 361 :msp_ohmy:

JMO

Maybe it is time to say what a "few simple mods" is, and explain why it wasn't mentioned a lot earlier in this thread?

It still looks like you are doing your best to leave the wrong impression about the saws involved - your motivation for doing that is very hard to understand though.....

This is the original quote and ambiguous at best, not enough info IMO.
Whatever. This is like trying to compare #### stars. Both saws get the job done but they are not the same.

Really p o * r n is a bad word

You're right , it is. And using trick spelling to get around the automatic word censor will get you banned. Fair warning?

Cleaning winding up ports on cylinder (casting) is modding; it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that

Look at ASCS 360 racing you have to buy ASCS 360 heads to race with the ASCS and you can only buy them from one manufacturer (as of last summer) and can not do anything to them (heads)

Same thing with most if not all mini sprint racing motors get tech at the first of the year along with there back up motors they will place a seal on a couple main bolts holding the motors together when that engine first hits the track if that motor gets blowing up it has to go back thru tech before it goes back on the track and get a new seal put on it. If the seal are missing in some racing organization you will get DQ'ed if you race with it

After a race the top three cars (both sprint cars and mini sprints) will be pulled aside and check for atleast three different things and it always is different thing

Changing the size of the ports on racing cylinder heads (racing engine) is called porting

"few simple mods" cleaning up ports on chain saws cylinders is what I call simple mods making the air flow better hows that :taped:

It's pretty simple changing the port size on the heads of engine is called modding :msp_smile:

JMO

None of that changes that this turned out to be about a ported 261 vs a stock (EPA demoted) US 361, so this thread is basically meaningless - and something surely looks "fishy" here, and has for a while.

Actually Saw Troll it is a stock 261 and a MM'd 361 if your talking about me? Fishy?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back