My 346XP ported by Dozerdan - pics+vids

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your messages, i want to try a ported saw since i discovered this website. Maybe i'll send some other saws to have them ported, but customs are such a pain in the a**, i think i'll just order an already ported saw when i'll need a new one.

Love it, Haddoc. Good for you, man for practicing English. You'll be speaking that better than half of America including two of my daughters.

Hey is that range the Alps or The Pyrenees in the background there? If it is the Pyrenees, I have one of your dogs.

Not the Alps or Pyrénées, these mountains are the Vosges, i leave on the east side of the mountain chain, not far from Germany.

I ran one of DozerDans' saws at our GTG a couple of weeks ago. he said it was an older job he had done 12 years ago and this saw just impessed everyone that ran it. i know you are a happy lumberjack.:rock:
I'm no husky man but after seeing Dan's two saws at the PA gtg I was more then impressed. Awesome work he does for sure.

Dan likely is the most experiensed "saw builder" currently posting here. ;)

Dan obviously does the 346xp very well...good to hear he also does a nice 372xp...l have been restraining myself from sending him a pm for one of these little monsters. l have a 550xp and 2xms261's (one ported) and l still feel l NEED a Dozer 346. l love a properly ported saw from a builder that really knows his product. l wonder what his 390xp/2188 saws run like. l am very happy for the OP getting such a nice runner....he really appreciates it & uses the saw to make a living.

Hardwood as well as soft ?
Pretty much.

Most ported saws have a lot more pull in the top end, but with some it comes at the expense of the mid range which is fine for cookie cutting but produces a poor work saw. Not so with Dan's 346. It revs to the moon just like any other ported 346, but pulls just as hard right through the mid range which results in a very usable saw for 'gittin er done. No matter how hard you lean on that thing it never really bogs. That's the mark of a good port job to me. As a result we don't run any 60cc saws any more. I use the 346 xp's as ground saws for limbing bucking and falling of trees up to about 20", then step up to a 441cm.

Wow that is sweet, did you send the whole saw to him or did he just do the cylinder for you? I'd like to leave my 346 alone, but that's hard to do after seeing vids like this.

On that particular saw, I just did the piston and cylinder. Normally I will not do that, I like to have the bottom end that the cylinder goes on. It would have cost far to much for him to ship his saw from France and back.

Later
Dan

Dan obviously does the 346xp very well...good to hear he also does a nice 372xp...l have been restraining myself from sending him a pm for one of these little monsters. l have a 550xp and 2xms261's (one ported) and l still feel l NEED a Dozer 346. l love a properly ported saw from a builder that really knows his product. l wonder what his 390xp/2188 saws run like. l am very happy for the OP getting such a nice runner....he really appreciates it & uses the saw to make a living.

I have ported just about as many 372s as I have 346s. The 390s work well when ported, I have done many.

Later
Dan

Lol... No, but my best buddy was. He was in the group that took saddams palace. We sent everything to him to organize and promote a youth soccer league right in irag. They also started to built the irrigation and waste system. He sent crazy stories, we sent stuff.

Let's just say there were a lot of care packages.

Back