My 346XP ported by Dozerdan - pics+vids

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapitaineHaddoc

European Westcoaster
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I created this topic foremost to thank Dan for his work, and I hope that his problems because of the storm will soon be resolved and he will be back here soon!

Now the saw!

IMG_20140523_095331.jpg IMG_20140523_095343.jpg IMG_20140523_095349.jpg

I just clean the saw after 4 days of work. It's my first ported saw, and i'm amazed. That little beast is really strong, and it's a pleasure to work with. For limbing, it's by far the fastest saw i ever use.

Even my old coworkers are amazed, and one of them is a real jerk, (the kind of guy that know all better than everyone, who have always the best saws - almost that's what he think:p). He say that he has never see a saw that was so impressive.

There's just one pic of Dan's work, i don't want to show more without his permission,
IMG_20140519_142447.jpg

And here's my muffler mod(not finished on that pic, i had grind all that i can under the spark screen),

IMG_20140314_130553.jpg

I had also put a carb from a 357xp (with the elbow and the filter ), and a black unlimited coil (i think it's the best way to tune the saw by ear).

And a "family pic" with the saw and some others,IMG_20140523_095148.jpg

And now, the video!

Apologies for the misspellings and the grammar errors, but i'm trying to write without "google translate", i think it's the best way to learn.

I live pretty close to Dan and ran several of his saws at the Pa. GTG. They are stout, to say the least! Thanks for the post, your English is very good and I had no problem understanding your words. I wish I would have learned some other languages, but it's getting pretty late in the game for me. There is so much I want to see in the USA before I would think of travel outside the country. Thanks again, DW

check this out...

Wow that is sweet, did you send the whole saw to him or did he just do the cylinder for you? I'd like to leave my 346 alone, but that's hard to do after seeing vids like this.

Hello everyone,

I created this topic foremost to thank Dan for his work, and I hope that his problems because of the storm will soon be resolved and he will be back here soon!

Now the saw!

View attachment 351687 View attachment 351688 View attachment 351689

I just clean the saw after 4 days of work. It's my first ported saw, and i'm amazed. That little beast is really strong, and it's a pleasure to work with. For limbing, it's by far the fastest saw i ever use.

Even my old coworkers are amazed, and one of them is a real jerk, (the kind of guy that know all better than everyone, who have always the best saws - almost that's what he think:p). He say that he has never see a saw that was so impressive.

There's just one pic of Dan's work, i don't want to show more without his permission,
View attachment 351690

And here's my muffler mod(not finished on that pic, i had grind all that i can under the spark screen),

View attachment 351691

I had also put a carb from a 357xp (with the elbow and the filter ), and a black unlimited coil (i think it's the best way to tune the saw by ear).

And a "family pic" with the saw and some others,View attachment 351692

And now, the video!

Apologies for the misspellings and the grammar errors, but i'm trying to write without "google translate", i think it's the best way to learn.

That is a nice saw.

Wow that is sweet, did you send the whole saw to him or did he just do the cylinder for you? I'd like to leave my 346 alone, but that's hard to do after seeing vids like this.

No, Dan provides and port the kit for me, i bought the saw in really good shape but with the worst aftermarket kit i have ever seen on it.

Wow! I don't usually chime in but that's one of the strongest ported 346s I have ever seen. I have several myself. The tuning and throttle response seem perfect too. Why pick up any other saw when you have that?

I have to agree that Dans 346 is my go-to saw now. It makes me feel a little silly owning 70 and 80 cc saws when this 50cc saw can get so much done. I am running a 18 bar and in a place with smaller trees, this thing can be the main saw.

Hello everyone,...........

And now, the video!

Love it, Haddoc. Good for you, man for practicing English. You'll be speaking that better than half of America including two of my daughters.

Hey is that range the Alps or The Pyrenees in the background there? If it is the Pyrenees, I have one of your dogs.

Captain, good to see things work out for you as you had some issues with a dodgy Ebay seller or something. Your saw is a great advertisment for Dozerdan and you would be hard pressed to find a single AS member who would not like to run your saw. Some people round here steered you in the right direction when seeking advice and its good to see a nice member thats been well looked after. No matter what your native language, that 346 speaks to us all!

Latest posts

Back