My little unit gets a lot more action then a big one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a sub-45cc saw, and no photo, but my Husqvarna 51 has done more cutting than all of my other runners combined. When I get one of my Craftsman/Poulan rear-handle 38cc saws going, it'll probably be my new go-to saw.

A strong 50cc is more saw than most people need.

This ^ applies to me.

Yes, I will be. I need a crank to proceed though. A new one is only $75, but would nice to find a good used one. Or, how about you sell me your saw :)

Hmmm...not sure about selling, even though I don't use it much, since it has some sentimental significance.

Now if you come up with a good porting formula for that saw, I might send mine down for a visit, along with a 346 or two...

Just some small saw loving going on over here.
Any body else use their small saw more than their larger saw?
It seems that every one likes to recommend a 70cc saw but when ever I can I grab my small saw. I probably over work it a bit at times but that is why I bought it.
Who else has a sub 45cc saw that they seem to reach for before their larger saw?
Post a pick of your favorite small saw.
View attachment 459980
Couldn't agree more.
Drop with ported 044/046 MAX (thanks Brad!!!) and then go to work with MS200 rear handle. Everything up to about 8-10". The finish with the MAX.
A LOT easier.

Does anyone dare to post a pic of a saw with the paint worn off the bar? All this talk about cutting and all the pics look like the saws have avoided that activity for the most part...
Lol that is why I have my bar cover on. All my bars end up ugly. So I keep them under cover.

I love using my echo 330evl only 33cc but it is a great little saw produces good torque it doesn't cut fast but that doesn't bother me dead reliable to, I got a 16 on it a little long in tooth but it carries it fine. i got my old cs 400 that does great it has been rock solid reliable for the past 3 yrs. Currently my largest saw is 50cc my husq 545 i only use it for bucking great zippy saw and very powerful.
All the big wood is gone in the wood lot and now i can do everything with my small saws i don't have a need for a saw over 55cc it would be foolish for me to pack a 70+ cc saw in the wood to down a tree only 20'' across at the trunk.

I prefer a 40-50cc pro saw with a 13" bar in .325. My two favourit saws in that size is Husqvarna 242 xpg and Jonsered 2252.

For larger stuff i like to use a 70 cc saw with a 16", 3/8" bar and occasionally a 24" 3/8.View attachment 460093

Beautiful setup!!

There are no distributors in the US for those bars, right?

Latest posts

Back