My Masterminded 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the ported 362. I'm liking my wicked work saw, but one of these days I'd like to send one off for the monkey treatment.:rock:

I don't get it?? o_O
Well, look at it this way. The MS362 is revised version of the MS361. Supposedly, it was upgraded for more power but only at the sacrifice of some additional weight. I have seen 361's beat 362's at GTGs and vice versa. The chain condition is probably more important than the year the saws were made.

My stock 361 runs about the same as it did in 2008. I've got about 600 hours of cutting time on it. It's still my "go to" saw.

Edwin, don't know how you keep it so nice, looks like you just pulled it out of the box!
I did when that Pic was taken -- April, 2008. Today it looks almost as nice, but the bar is missing some paint. I've added an outer bumper spike and an elasto start pull. That's about it for enhancements. This saw and the 034 Super may be the two most versatile saws that Stihl ever made. They can pull anything from a 16" to a 25" bar (straining a bit, of course, on the 25").

When I bought that saw in 2008, Troll recommended it and nobody argued very much.

Fred nebber told the monkey his size.....

If you remember ,can throw an xl in with my hybrid jug when it comes home ,i could use some fresh stickers for a couple saws too ,they are getting rubbed off some and not looking so good ,seems like they do not last too long when put under the handlebar

Back