My new three saw plan... I think

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4xrpm4x

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After posting in a Three Saw Plan thread. I decided to revamp my line up.
This is my new and improved plan. Criticism is welcomed

To start it off I have a 346xpne with a 16" Sugi bar and a 18" husky bar if needed.

Then comes the 562xp with a 18" Sugi bar and a 20" speedtip if so desired.

And to top it off will be a stumpbroke MS660(once I recover from the 562 purchase) sporting a 28" speedtip or a 24" speedtip.

The 562 will do most of the work. And anything it can't handle, will be taken care of with the 660.
I think I've got all my bases covered now. and thus have ilimanated the need for a 70cc saw

Whatcha think? Good? Is the 346 to close to the 562?

...plus a 064 that is waiting for the unlikely event that I come across a parts saw for it.

I should add that my near new 025 is up for sale(it's a start right?).
And to be completely honest I'm having a hard time listing my 254 and 262 for sale. Do i need Back-up saws?

I'm a fan of your plan since I'm 2/3rds of the way there.

2012-02-03170036.jpg

But one of the reasons I posted on your thread was to ask "where did you buy your 16" Sugihara bar and what gauge is it?"

I think you are on your way to having a solid arsenal at your disposal.

But one of the reasons I posted on your thread was to ask "where did you buy your 16" Sugihara bar and what gauge is it?"

I got the sugihara bars from eBay. Hevinc, I think the seller is called. The 16" is 58 gauge. Can't go wrong for the same price as a laminate. I have three of them.

Thanks, I haven't had enough time on the 562xp to give an opinion on how far it separates itself from the 346xp. All I know is I wanted one since I saw the first press release. Like you I want a bigger saw also but with me it's more of a want rather than a need thing so it will be a long time before I can fund that saw. I would like a 390xp or a 660, will be a tough choice!

Back