My new to me 070.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a 175cc version of it, but they are not very common......

Yup. Those of us that collect big saws refer to it as the holy grail. Once again, Wayne Sutton has one of THOSE too. If I could get piston company's to build just a couple copys i'd be a happy camper.

Congrats on the new saw:rockn:
unless youve really got a use for 137cc's i'd be leavin it stock (if it aint broke don't fix it)
Maybe if you need to put a new piston and or jug on it then go to the big one but at 150 psi id say it'll last a while yet and won't be short on power.
Paint looks pretty good also - i'm with sawtroll on that part.

30 bucks for 30" larmount bar, im all over that, thanks for shreing

Yup. Those of us that collect big saws refer to it as the holy grail. Once again, Wayne Sutton has one of THOSE too. If I could get piston company's to build just a couple copys i'd be a happy camper.

Hmmm... I've heard of putting an 090 P/C on a Dolmar 166 to get 160-something cc, but never that. I'd love to see a video of one of those.

is this an 090 we're talking about?

This was too fascinating for me, so I spent some time dredging the net looking for more info. I found Wayne Sutton's picture of his:

IMG_2862.jpg

Hope he doesn't mind me linking to it. And I found this photo here on AS, which is purportedly of the cylinder with the removable head, er, removed:

saws_1022.jpg

Somebody REALLY should make an aftermarket kit like this. I know a lot of people would love to try it out.

EDIT: I just noticed, such a monster saw, and the poor thing has a limp handle!

WOW!!!

That's all I can say. Just WOW!! I would love to see more pictures of that.
I would be the first in line for an aftermarket jug/piston like that.

Has anybody ever done the 166 conversion? Who am I kidding, I'll bet a 166 piston/jug would be too hard to find.

As far as I know it's the other way around, an 090 P/C on a Dolmar 166 chassis. Which, in fact, might be even harder to come by. This couples the 090's huge bore with the 166's long stroke. I've only seen talk of it being done though, not any pictures or videos of running saws.

Back