My next new hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Dolmar 115

3.6 Hp stock.

I'm thinking about doing some mods and see if I can displace my favorite 651 Solo. What do you think? Seems like it was a good deal anyway. (Denial of problem through irrational justification)

that lil' hotsaw burnin' a hole in your pocket ?

"denial of problem thru irrational justification" ... hmmm ... anytime you feel like relieving yourself of some of that irrational ... uhhh ... justification ... like you got an extra hotsaw burnin a hole in your pocket or sumpin ... you could always have 'em ship some of it my way ... hoot, just send me the jug, piston, carb and choke lever and I'll spook everybody with my "540".

anybody else here ever took down a 115i (5200i) in 1h 5m 42s ?

nice find ... I already checked ebay 3 times today, just to see if maybe another came up ... and one didn't, so we know it's getting bad ...

What a deal!!!!
Jealous!!!!!!!
Ever need parts...they're only an email, or phone call away.
It's just that easy.

Well, after all the ordeal with the seller, I finally got the saw!

Start with the bad news first. :cry:
Needs all new anti-vibe buffers, most are broke - no biggie
The chain break components are missing but nothing looks broke, so a simple parts order should fix that.

Now the good news :)
Saw has great compression and feels smooth
Saw has spark
Doesn't seem abused
Dumped gas in carb and it would fire
Seller said it had a carb kit installed last time he ran it. I was suspicious when I saw a carb gasket between the filter intake elbow and the carb. No one who knew the saw well did the carb repair. Pulled the carb apart, and sure enough, the fuel pump diapragm was installed on the wrong side of the gasket. Put it back together and got her to run. Sounds awesome. Can't wait to get some anti-vibe mounts, polish her up, mod the muffler (looks the same as the PS540 muffler), and see how she runs. If it is much stronger than the muffler modded 540, I may leave the ports alone!

Last edited:
You will proberbly not like this, But they are still sold new here at the few dealers here is. :cool:
As are the parts.

Mange said:
You will proberbly not like this, But they are still sold new here at the few dealers here is. :cool:
As are the parts.
Sounds good to me. That means that there are still plenty of parts available for my DCS520i, world wide. Many DCS540 parts, proberbly most, but the carburetor, piston, cylinder and associated parts are interchangeable, me thinks.

Okay boys and girls, here she is all shined up with new anti-vibe buffers and a freshly opened up muffler. This baby sounds GOOD! I can't wait to cut wood :blob2:

Stumper,

For some reason when you put together a saw after having the bar off, and set the tension, the first blip of the throttle and the chain is slack. Well, that's what happen to the chain!

Ozflea,

You like my frankenstein saw? I've collected so many various Mac 610 carcases, that I thought maybe I could assemble a running saw. Sure enough. Just wish the stinkin' auto oiler would work. It's nothing I wanted, so it is for sale, I just was trying to thin down the parts saw pile a little.

Oh, and by the way, only a Mac nut could have correctly identified that saw from the mostly blocked view you had to work from.

Last edited:
Good eye,Bob.Now gents,you can make a 610 run,real fine,real simple.Pull out the screen in the muffler.Get a little more fuel through that old dog,and it will run.Give that old gal the kerosine treatment,the plunger is stuck,on the pump.Most likely the most mean mouthed of all saws,they can be very dependable,with proper care.They are a tad heavy,for 3.7 cu inches.They will never be cantidates for hotsaw material,but all in all,not too bad of a saw.Bear in mind,this was never a pro saw,but just a large fire wood cutter .On that note,they do a good job.Oh,nice orange saw :)

Back