Need 30cc saw for packing???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 338 with 12 inch bar and chain, sleek and light as a feather, perfect for just a trail, on horses that's luxury, beats walking, or even an ugly brick 200T, they're tough and reliable, probably a better bet if you don't wanna carry a whole tray of tools too, no hate mail thanks, both egg-beater saws chop down 1 1/2 foot diameter trees if if you REALLY have to, and run all day every day no problem

Thanks for the quick answer. We run about 140 pair, 1000 head is a big operation! We can get a quad or a truck to most of our fences. You have a heck of a job there.

I don't have experience with saws smaller than the Husky 246 or the Stihl MS 260 Pro other than running a POS MS250 for about 4 hours before it began melting. The conditions were terrible, sand and grit, at least Stihl stood behind their warranty (after a fight). Some of our jobs require packing a saw a mile or so and firefighting required even longer carries but that was never alone.

Something you might consider is a full length bar cover made by Pack Shack and others. That way you can shoulder the saw at the balance point and not have to wear a pad. The Supply Cache stocks these covers.

We run all Angus, what about your ranch. Maybe we can make this an Angus vs Charolais (or whatever) thread. I think it's a rule here.

2dogs I looked at The Supply Cache that place is pretty impressive thanks for that info. And by the way everyone knows Red Angus are the best:biggrinbounce2:

HERE WE GO! Take off your hat and let's do the man dance. Next you'll be telling me you don't drink Coors Light like every other cowboy in this country. Ok Bud Lite is accetable if you ride bulls.

How 'bout that thread drift!!

Thanks for the quick answer. We run about 140 pair, 1000 head is a big operation! We can get a quad or a truck to most of our fences. You have a heck of a job there.

I don't have experience with saws smaller than the Husky 246 or the Stihl MS 260 Pro other than running a POS MS250 for about 4 hours before it began melting. The conditions were terrible, sand and grit, at least Stihl stood behind their warranty (after a fight). Some of our jobs require packing a saw a mile or so and firefighting required even longer carries but that was never alone.

Something you might consider is a full length bar cover made by Pack Shack and others. That way you can shoulder the saw at the balance point and not have to wear a pad. The Supply Cache stocks these covers.

We run all Angus, what about your ranch. Maybe we can make this an Angus vs Charolais (or whatever) thread. I think it's a rule here.

That sounds fun. SimAngx by the way, but our permit is 7 different operations to get that 1000 head all about the same size you are. The problem is that everyone else likes to ride more than fence and so I fence. Thats the only way it gets done. I have a modified rifle sling and it works ok but it would work even better on a smaller saw. Ill look into the cover though? Simmental is the better half though LOL:cheers: To bad they dont make a Dohstihlvarna though, then you might be able to talk about saws instead of names and colors.

That sounds fun. SimAngx by the way, but our permit is 7 different operations to get that 1000 head all about the same size you are. The problem is that everyone else likes to ride more than fence and so I fence. Thats the only way it gets done. I have a modified rifle sling and it works ok but it would work even better on a smaller saw. Ill look into the cover though? Simmental is the better half though LOL:cheers: To bad they dont make a Dohstihlvarna though, then you might be able to talk about saws instead of names and colors.

Yeah the name game wears on me. For me the brand comes down to dealer support. We get great service from our (little) local Stihl dealer so that's my choice. I still have 3 Huskies that just won't quit so I can't help but like them too. I guess I'm bisawual. One guy in town sells a few Dolmars and stocks the 5100s so I may just have to try one. Good luck on your choice.

192T. Weighs nothing, doesn't use much fuel. Cuts through 2 and 4" stuff with ease. It literally feels like a child's toy - but it cuts well.

Back