Need help with a member pinesfarm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just a newbie here, and I can certainly understand the forum not wanting folks to post bad air, but fair is fair, and from what I read, the man who was selling the saw seems to not be good for his word. I personally cannot think of any excuse valid enough to warrant a transaction to take 3 months to complete. I will give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise to me, but I also am cautious and cynical, so I approach everything carefully. If there is a bad apple in the barrel, I for one would appreciate knowing about it so I may exercise additional caution. I certainly hope this matter gets resolved in a speedy manner.

:agree2:

Pinesfarm did post about jacking up his leg up cutting wood and having to lay up for a few weeks.....that was back in february. He should be responding to PM's though.

I see pinesfarm is online now, hopefully he can post a legitimate excuse, or provide some insight anyway.

I hope the fella isn't hurt and laid up that's no good for anyone. But I see he's online often and then I would have at least been informed way back when.

Last edited:
Pinesfarm

is online right now, hopefully he can respond and this can be resolved amicably. I would consider the advice Jacob provided you for moving forward.

modifiedmark put it well

I kept quiet for a long time, hopeing that there was a mistake, but with the lack of the goods and the lack of response, lack of communication with pinesfarm, I feel that I've been took.

I hope the saw arrives in the mail, I will not appoligize to anyone though as I have not been out of line after 3 months. It's not like I got excited after things takeing an extra week, than another, and another, etc. I've been put off, kept in the dark or just plain outright screwed. We'll see but if and when it arrives, I'll be sure to post that it did.

I've had nothing but great luck on here, weather I needed a part, information or anything. I've gave away and paid shipping on a fair number of items to members who needed them more than I did. I'll keep ondoing things the same way also as I hope most of you do. have done or have intentions of.
Don't think I could have been that patient if this happened to me...We have all had many positive experiences on AS-Sorry this has happened to you wi50

He's on right now......

Last Activity: Today 08:45 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Did I do something wrong? - firewood cutting etiquette

Ya he was online a few minutes ago, now he's gone. I wouldn't give him anymore time, he's had enough. Get him for mail fraud. Can't let him go, just so he can do it again, as soon as most people get pressure like that, they'll cave.

Well before the others come along chastising your for airing this in public, let me say that I for one are not against you airing it here since you did it in a fair fashion.

If what your saying is true then the no replys and this much time makes it hard for me to think of a excuse that would be valid.

I have had dealings with lots of folks here and all seem to have been straight up and good, but if there is a louse here, I for one would like to know who it is so I don't end up in the same boat with you.

:angrysoapbox:

Mark, I could'nt have said it any better!!!!!!!!!!!!

There can't be a valid excuse after this amount of time. If you sent the jack, and don't get your saw, he gets the smack, and deserves it. With the limited amount of time on this forum I've got an impression that most folks would jump in front of a freight train for another member. I cannot abide by someone getting stiffed by another member! Hope this works out for ya, if it don't remember you got allot of friends backing you up!

:givebeer:

i know when i sell something i send it out that day or the next day after i get the money,,,,i wouldn't sleep at night if i didn't

He's in south glastonbury so if someone is in that area I'm sure it wouldn't take much to find a hobbled up 19 year old.

I purchased a Stihl MS 650 from the member here, Pinesfarm back in January. He had it advertised here as siezed, needing work, etc. best offer. I wanted one for a project and sent him a PM, we talked on the phone and he had been offered $250, me to get it and get it shipped here we agreed on $300. I sent the postal money order on 1-12-10. He recieved it. We've exchanged a few PM's on the deal and he has promised me a tracking number when he ships it.

As of now, I've sent many PM's, over the last several weeks. I see he's been on the site but seldom bothers to reply to any of my pm's.

Now for those of you who feel that I am the bad guy or that I am picking on someone, I have a pile of PM's to foreward to those who wish to read them, the money order recipt, and you'll see I've been nothing but patient and nice about the deal, at first after some excuses on his part I was all for good honest mistakes. About a week agoe I sent a message stateing that I wanted my money back, or the saw and to be quick about it. Still no reply, no promise of shipping, no tracking number and no good excuese. I check his profile often to be certain that he has been online here, I'm pretty certain that he has seen the messages as I see he's online here about every day and sometimes more often.

I'm not picking on anyone, or trying to. I just want the money back or the saw. After about 3 months I feel that this is a reasonable request on my part.

At this point is it has not been shipped, never was, or he was out to take someone for some money, and that was me. So maybe this post will stirr things up a little, maybe someone who knows him can apply a little pressure, but most likely I'm out $300, maybe tomorrow the thing will arrive or at least he will ship it if he is going to bother but after a few months now I'm not holding my breath.

Mmmm that sucks man. I sold a Fender guitar one time in person to a woman who wanted it for her hubby for Xmas. She paid part and promised the rest. Unlike you after a few weeks I went to go see the lying b-tch face to face. She got hot that I cornered her at her work. She paid the rest on the spot. She babbled on and on. I walked away thinking try to screw me again b-tch.

You should do the same, go meet him face to face or call the law and have him served. You've been way to patient. He apparently has gull to be posting on here knowing your a member posting here too. Trimmed usually takes up these matters and he gets results!!!

I'll just raffle the saw off, $1 a ticket. I'll just have to refund the winner his ticket purchase price:confused:

What you do not want to say is

"I am going to report you for mail fraud unless you..."

DO NOT SAY THAT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

What you do want to say is

". Perhaps it would be easiest for both of us if you were to send me the saw, or a cashier's check by next MM DD YY. If MM DD YY passes and this is not resolved I will exercise every legal means to collect that which I am legally entitled to.
Please be careful to govern yourself accordingly."

Although Thall is giving you good advice, I personally would never attend in person as it opens you up to trouble and accusations.

Last edited:
I got the shaft on a ebay item one time, that was payed for with an USPS m/o and tried my best to get the post office to help me. It may have been my branch but all I got was a "sorry". I even had to pay the $5 fee to get a copy of the m/o where the d-bag signed it.:angry:

I chalked that up as $150 gone and lost.:( On the other side, I've dealt with many here and will continue to do so. A well known member helps alot, ask for some references next time.

What you do not want to say is

"I am going to report you for mail fraud unless you..."

DO NOT SAY THAT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

What you do want to say is

". Perhaps it would be easiest for both of us if you were to send me the saw, or a cashier's check by next MM DD YY. If MM DD YY passes and this is not resolved I will exercise every legal means to collect that which I am legally entitled to.
Please be careful to govern yourself accordingly."

Although Thall is giving you good advice, I personally would never attend in person as it opens you up to trouble and accusations.

I was born at night!

But I wasn't born LAST NIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back