Need something to pull a 40" or bigger b&c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilo

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I need a saw that will pull at least a 40" bar and chain through a bunch of very large cotton wood. What are your guys suggestions? I would prefer a Husqvarna because there is a dealer close that I have delt with and had good luck with. The local Stihl dealer does not have the greatest rep around here and I am not real impressed with the dealing I have had with him. So let me know what you guys think.

I realized it would probably be a 42" after I posted it but I knew you guys would know what I meant.:greenchainsaw:

Husqv you say,

a 2100 will put a grin on your face for sure, the 394/5 will wow you too.

There many many options out there.

the 2100's are older, but they are STRONG.. in every aspect...

I need a saw that will pull at least a 40" bar and chain through a bunch of very large cotton wood. What are your guys suggestions? I would prefer a Husqvarna because there is a dealer close that I have delt with and had good luck with. The local Stihl dealer does not have the greatest rep around here and I am not real impressed with the dealing I have had with him. So let me know what you guys think.

385,390,395,3120 from a dealer. How much you want to spend? Hopefully at least a $1000.00, otherwise a 372 or 57? with a 28" bar and more of your time.

A 394/395 will be strong and if it is ported out will be very strong mine pulls a 42 with absolutlely no prob at all. I never ran a 42 before it was ported but I am sure several other people here have.

What would you guys pay for a new 3120 xp with a 60" bar? There is one on sell for 1500 I think it was and from what I can see seems to be a fair price.

395's can run a 42 but not like a 3120, 084 or 088. If your commonly going to run that size bar any of the above would do along with an 075/076 saw.

Back