new 575 xp tell me if you have one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskystihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been reading the threads here for a while. Don't want this to turn into a bash husky session. Let me just say right now in our stable we have 359's an 044 an 036 pro and now a 575xp and a couple of echo top handles, I dont favor one company just great saw companies. I picked up a new 575xp on saturday and put right in the field on monday morning. The local shop who I trust has said the local guys had nothing but good things to say about them but I have to say it just seemed like something was holding it back. Dont get me wrong it ran great just not what I expected, I only got less than two tanks in it so I hope it gets better, if you have one or know something I dont let me know.

I've read and heard only mediocre things about the 575. but dont rely on Aod's thread. He'd never get a job test driving for car and driver magazine.

Husqvarna has a 2 week return policy. Even if you don't like the way your saw parts its hair, you can return it for a full refund or or exchange.

Sorry H/S, I think the 575 is doomed to be a lemon!! There have been a few, very few, that have spoken well fo it, but it's not comon!
I don't care either way, I'd like to see Husky make a saw worth owning in that class, since they are kiling the 372 sometime!

Took it back made a couple of carb adjustments and got three more tanks in it today which made a huge difference and now she is moving, like I said to begin with my 044 is like old faithful but having a 20" bar on both the 575 ripped it up. I am not biased but if the 575 lasts as long as the 44 and cuts like it is I will be real happy. Dont see A need to scrap it yet, but I havent dropped it yet either.

I do, just put the 32" on it and chewed up the 42" trunk and it did fine. Cant say that it is 372 yet but I put some weight into it and it never froze up. The epa has really slowed things down from what I can tell, just run an old echo, which used be a screaming saw and now not so much.

I have a buddy who has had a 575 for awhile and cut alot of wood with it and no probs, he loves it. I just bought a 359 myself. Can't put it down!!! Thinking about a 372 also.:givebeer:

The saw shop in OH couldn't get the 372, the dist was back logged plus I thought it would be cool to try this saw first hand.

So why did you buy the 575 instead of the 372, or a 441 if you like the 044 so much?
I ran the 441 and it runs pretty much like the 575, with a little less torque little more of a screamer but it was spoken for and it was 4 days away from a new one, the 575 was here by monday and I heard so much negative feedback I had to get one to see if it lived up. So far it is ok, if it gets better instead of living up to it's post I am good with it. Is it an 88 or an 066 not so far but it uses half the gas of the old saws+ -the co posisining

Glad to hear your 575 isn't living up to its' rep. around here;it couldn't be as cursed as some folks say on this forum.....

Latest posts

Back