New Chainsaw...need convincing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do a small job with a big saw ,but not a big job with a small saw ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

...I walked in, then walked out with a brand new 562XP. I messed with it in store with the 20 in bar and the 24in bar, ended up going with the 20in. He also threw in a couple hats for my wife and I and a free Husqvarna saw case And I upgraded to the extra warranty by buying the manufacturers gas and oil...
Perfect. Life is good. Enjoy your new saw.

Have you considered the Echo 620 SX , it's a real robust old school style saw , no auto anything to bother you and a real screamer too . Well worth a look .
I'm gonna order one to replace my Husky 560 .

I love this place, a guy has his heart set on a 562xp (leader in its class) and asks for advice and is told to buy a 590 echo wth? May as well advise him to get a 076av or a wildthang. If you love your 590 echo thats great but telling others that they are the best choice is silly and poor advice. Welcome to the site, take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt. For every bit of good factual info often there is three times as much garbage.

I sure didn't see any posts that claimed that the 590 was "the best choice". When price is factored in, the 590 is a solid option. Getting all bent because someone suggested something other than a Stihl or Husky is just as laughable...if not more so...than suggesting an Echo who happens to make a damn fine product, IMO.

Congrats on your new saw!

First off congratulation on your new saw!
Ooopss, I usually cut 16 to 24 inch firewood, but I would say 80% of the time I'm in 16-18 inch stuff. Mostly cutting firs, spruce, cedar, and some oak.
But to be honest, I think you bought quite a bit more than you will ever need! For that type of wood a 50cc or even a good running 40cc saw would have been enough around here. I would guess that about 1/4 of it's potential will stay unused. But you still bought a REALLY great saw!!!
I love this place, a guy has his heart set on a 562xp (leader in its class) and asks for advice and is told to buy a 590 echo wth? May as well advise him to get a 076av or a wildthang. If you love your 590 echo thats great but telling others that they are the best choice is silly and poor advice. Welcome to the site, take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt. For every bit of good factual info often there is three times as much garbage.
One truely has to wonder who is giving silly and poor advice around here.

Nice Saw!!!!! Congratulations.......well, even if it doesn't have any white on it.........;)

Thanks everyone,
So far I am really happy with this saw. I've gotten a lot of my storm cleanup done in much quicker time then when I was using my Echo 302(I know, not even a comparison) but I also love the auto tune. I live at 5400 feet and the way this thing adjusted after a few minutes was incredible and I no longer have to dink around with carb adjustments. My neighbor who is a retired logger came over and taught me how to drop a tree that's bigger than the bar length. We took down a 26 inch Doug Fir that was dying that was a bit too close to my treehouse(which houses my brewery), and he had a smile from ear to ear after he used the 562xp. He said he needs to convince his wife so he can go get one hahaha.
I understand that I may have bought a too big of a saw for 80% of my usage, but it sure feels nice having that power when I was bucking that 26 inch Fir.
I also don't look down on Echo saws at all, shoot, that Echo 302 I have has been working hard since 1977. I really considered the 590 Timber Wolf, but the great Husky dealer and the fact that I cut at altitude ranging from 3000-7500 ft made the AutoTune really desirable.

I was out cutting 4" dia slash this morning with my Husky 460 w/24B&C, and never did I think, this saws to big. IMO buy a saw that is more then you need, maybe 25% more. You use all of it soon enough, and maybe even want more in a couple of months.

Thanks everyone,
So far I am really happy with this saw. I've gotten a lot of my storm cleanup done in much quicker time then when I was using my Echo 302(I know, not even a comparison) but I also love the auto tune. I live at 5400 feet and the way this thing adjusted after a few minutes was incredible and I no longer have to dink around with carb adjustments. My neighbor who is a retired logger came over and taught me how to drop a tree that's bigger than the bar length. We took down a 26 inch Doug Fir that was dying that was a bit too close to my treehouse(which houses my brewery), and he had a smile from ear to ear after he used the 562xp. He said he needs to convince his wife so he can go get one hahaha.
I understand that I may have bought a too big of a saw for 80% of my usage, but it sure feels nice having that power when I was bucking that 26 inch Fir.
I also don't look down on Echo saws at all, shoot, that Echo 302 I have has been working hard since 1977. I really considered the 590 Timber Wolf, but the great Husky dealer and the fact that I cut at altitude ranging from 3000-7500 ft made the AutoTune really desirable.

I think you made a good choice, especially given the variation in altitude. Of course this is from a guy running a 20" bar on a Stihl 046.

Latest posts

Back