New chainsaw storage area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to get one of those. Looks good. With those high winds, hope you use a lot of diagonal bracing.

jaxx

Day 2

Amish work on day 2.

Copyofcarsandbarn033.jpg

Copyofcarsandbarn034.jpg

Copyofcarsandbarn035.jpg

Copyofcarsandbarn036.jpg

Since you are in Ohio, and were into cars, did you by chance ever meet my
cousin? he is quite an expert on carbs.

His name is Cliff Ruggles, in Mt. Vernon.

Holy Smokes, Cut! I miss the old barn (*sniff*), but you're back with a vengance. Did you find some uses for the old barn timbers? Those are extremely valuable these days.

Since you are in Ohio, and were into cars, did you by chance ever meet my
cousin? he is quite an expert on carbs.
His name is Cliff Ruggles, in Mt. Vernon.
Holy Smokes, Cut! I miss the old barn (*sniff*), but you're back with a vengance. Did you find some uses for the old barn timbers? Those are extremely valuable these days.

1. Fish never met the man, but I used to hang out at Pacemakers 1/8 mile raceway some in Mt. Vernon and my machinist for block,crank,heads,pistons, etc work is from Amity, right next to Mt. Vernon. Small world.

2. I kept the best hand hewn beam I could get out of it and saved for a fireplace mantel. Then we stacked all the hand hewn beams and sold them on ebay in a bulk sale. There was people from Mt-Fl-Nc calling about all that wood. You dont get as much in a bulk sale as you would selling a perfect single piece by piece. But it was still money in hand.:bowdown:

3. concrete being poured as I type.:blob2: :blob2:

4. Ultra, here is where I got my metal from, like I said I dont do kits and be limited to what I can get with my money. So I took a hand drawn barn to the Amish of how and what I wanted and we put together everything from scratch. It may cost more this way, but I got it my way. http://www.metalsales.us.com/

Last edited:
On the outskirts of Mt. Vernon, there is an Amish "strip club", their
buttermilk rattlesnake shooters are great.

You get a table dance, you don't really see much, but it is one well made table!!!!!!

I was up at Fredricktown this weekend for the Tomato festival, and there
was an Amish "driveby" shooting. The police caught the "perps", they just followed the horse terds.

The Amish gangs are really getting bad up there, I am still working on that
joke. A few more beers and it will blossom...................

Seriously, the Amish community up there is something to respect. They
keep to themselves, unless it is business. They shun power equip. unless
it is business. The ones near Fredricktown are real solitary, they will use
their hands as "blinders" as they trot by. Kind of rude if you happen to wave
and see that, but on reflection, I understand. Mainly the women do that.
Maybe they have read my online Amish jokes.

Yep, but it looks like he is planning to use much of the space for cars, not saws...

Chainsaws are my hobby now not cars. :laugh:

So your wrong again ST :laugh: :jester: . Going to stick 3 cars in there for the time being and that looks to be down to 2 soon. One is being looked at as we type, to be sold for a restoration. Guess where that money will be going.:rock: I Will be in the market for a real open piped Hotsaw.

There is one section that is going to be made to be a chainsaw work area and hopefully get all of the needed tools to start doing my own porting etc. Then there is another area that is going to be for chainsaw storage.
:rock:

Last edited:
Day 3

Concrete floor done and the Wayne's coat is on. Now to wait on the hunter green overhead doors and get that entry door to match the green trim.

Copyofbarnday3014.jpg

Copyofbarnday3023.jpg

Copyofbarnday3016.jpg

Copyofbarnday3015.jpg

Just goes to show a bad thing in life can be a blessing in disguise in the end.

Concrete floor is dry and doors were hung today. Now to run underground electric and build new shop benches to work on them saws.

Thats all for this thread folks and Thanks to all of the guys that pm'ed and offered support and help in the beginning. :rock:

Copyofgravel011.jpg

Just goes to show a bad thing in life can be a blessing in disguise in the end.

Concrete floor is dry and doors were hung today. Now to run underground electric and build new shop benches to work on them saws.

Thats all for this thread folks and Thanks to all of the guys that pm'ed and offered support and help in the beginning. :rock:

Copyofgravel011.jpg
Nice cars, nice saws, nice storage facility but are you gonna heat it with wood? Gota make use of them saw's!
:biggrinbounce2:

Back