New chip truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or just call DMV and ask them. I'm sure Tiquanda, or any of the other ladies will be happy to answer any questions he might have. Lol.
I'm pretty sure it's federal, across the board now but I was wrong once before. Either way, no air brakes on a truck of that size sucks. It's not like getting a cdl is an insurmountable feat. I've met my share of legit, limp wristed retards that were able to obtain their class b.

I totally agree with what you're saying regarding the air brakes. On the other hand, I was driving the bucket (shh, lol) down one of our steep ass hills the other day (31k). I was actually testing out the hydro brakes. I thought it felt pretty competent.. maybe even better than the chip truck, to be honest. Of course I was just trying to get it home safely, so really didn't go so far as to attempt a panic stop or anything too crazy.

Try driving a 68 camaro or 3/4 ton 4x4 with four wheel manual drum brakes and stopping in an emergency. Lol. I can only imagine what the big trucks of that era were like. When men were men.:laugh:

That's funny. I know many cdl drivers I would not let drive a Honda. I copy you on the air brakes and I will look into it. I know our laws here, but what Oregon considered a "commercial vehicle" is a bit complex. It states any vehicle used to transport goods or services is commercial. Obviously that's us. Yet all the cdl licensing requirements are for over 26k, air brakes, towing over 10k etc.
F it, we need a large chip truck, just gonna have to do it. And it's not the cdl stuff that's bothersome, it's the dot and road taxes/ fuel taxes blah blah blah.

My 2002 IH 4300 with air brakes and southco HDMP1472 (advertzed as 23 yards, but probably closer to 20) is 25,500 and requires just a medical card and dot #'s here in CT. Have yet to run into a scale though. Lol.
IMG_20150502_183708_758.jpg

I totally agree with what you're saying regarding the air brakes. On the other hand, I was driving the bucket (shh, lol) down one of our steep ass hills the other day (31k). I was actually testing out the hydro brakes. I thought it felt pretty competent.. maybe even better than the chip truck, to be honest. Of course I was just trying to get it home safely, so really didn't go so far as to attempt a panic stop or anything too crazy.

Try driving a 68 camaro or 3/4 ton 4x4 with four wheel manual drum brakes and stopping in an emergency. Lol. I can only imagine what the big trucks of that era were like. When men were men.:laugh:

Tsk tsk. My bucket is hydro as well (33k). They are sufficient but far from ideal. If you come across a sweet deal on a chip truck without them...maaaybe it's ok, but to list as a requirement...gay. My chip truck (23,500) is under cdl with air. Stops far better with a 12K trailer behind it and a full load than my bucket could dream of.

that seems to be just what I'm wanting. So since you guys have air brakes, do you have air suspension?

Back