New climbing saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no reason for a cat in the muffler on your saw, since it is a strato. It's possible they could have the muffler stuffed with baffles to quiet it down. How quiet is it?

Well, I mostly have on my muffs when cutting, but it doesn't seem all that loud (without them on), perhaps because my other saws are bigger. I guess I don't really have any point or reference. Maybe if I can remember it I'll stick my db meter to it and get a couple readings. :dunno:. The Husky site says, "Sound pressure level at operators ear 103 dB(A)
Guaranteed sound power level, LWA 114 dB(A)"
Ha, this could be my excuse to get one of those helmet cams. I was just thinking of what a pita it would be to try to document some db readings with paper and pencil.
Aaaa, I'm confusing myself, I'll just say I don't think it's that loud. :). Then again, maybe I'm way off?

I have the Redmax version of this saw in stock (GZ3500T). These saws sound muffler modded out of the box...

Steve

Last edited:
i liked the way the saw felt in the tree but the oilers going ever week we got 5 saws 3 in the shop ever week after 2 years that's it 200 t is the way to go
The oiler problem with the 335's was solved years ago.

As have all the other issues. A muffler modded 2139T jonsy or 338 will easily beat a 200T with the spark screen removed. And be way cheaper and a bit lighter...and last a long time.

The T435 just looks chintzy to me....Scott, do you think the muffler could be ported? If the saw has similar power to a stock 338, I have no use for it unless it could be made at least 30% faster by porting it, as can be done with the 338/2139T

Last edited:
I love my 192T! I've used the piss out of it and it has been an outstanding performer for me. It's been dropped again and again, knocked around like a redheaded ##### and even dropped in the creek and still kicks tail.

Latest posts

Back